Senior Civil Engineer - Birmingham
Atkins’ Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology (CE&AT) division are looking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer into our successful Birmingham team.
The CE&AT division has an extensive portfolio of regeneration, commercial and residential development projects. This appointment will help strengthen our offering both to internal and external Clients by adding to the experience and capabilities of our existing teams.
As a Senior Civil Engineer you will lead on the delivery of development infrastructure for land development projects – including roads, earthworks and drainage. You will have strong technical and project management skills and the confidence to oversee ventures for a range clients.
You will be responsible for :
• The production of infrastructure design packages
• Client contact for technical and design matters
• Provide support in bid preparation and the work winning process
• Maintaining and developing client relationships
• Technical management of junior project staff
• Providing support and integration to other Atkins design teams
• Undertake design reviews and checking
• Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• CEng, MICE or equivalent or nearing Chartered Engineer status
• Substantial experience in the conceptual and detailed design of development infrastructure – earthworks, roads and drainage
• Experience in the use of design software (Autodesk Civil 3D, Microdrainage)
• Experience of housing, commercial and land development
• Conversant with DMRB and Sewers for Adoption
• Experience of delivering S.38, S.104 and S.278
• Experience in writing and reviewing Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies
• Experience in providing broad technical support to the Masterplanning process
• Ability to develop and agree scope of services
• Site experice in delivery and oversight of construction schemes
• Familiarity working in a bim and digitally progressive environment
• Experience in regard to the requisition process and pumping station design
• Experience in developing SuDS and drainage strategy
• Good understanding of design procedures, Risk Assessments, change control, checking and review
• Experience in ground modelling and re-profiling
• Experience in achieving successful outcomes with the relevant regulatory organisations
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.