Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
It’s an exciting time to be joining the SNC Lavalin family in the UAE, as we continue to experience significant growth within our Resources sector. Because of the growth in PMC project work we are looking to speak to candidates who have significant experience delivering major PMC projects within the Oil & Gas sector, both onshore and offshore.
- Function as a senior point of contact for single or multiple projects, fully responsible for all Civil/Structural discipline activities / deliverables for the project(s). Independently guide and supervise one or more engineers or designers in the execution of the work.
- Interact and coordinate with the Owner, PMT/PMC, vendors, subcontractors, JV partners and satellite offices.
- Prepare conceptual drawings and documents including FEED, design basis, philosophies, equipment selection, studies / reports.
- Prepare engineering calculations, and documents related to assigned job for Civil / Structural works.
- Be fully conversant with international codes and standards related to assigned work.
- Review and check relevant deliverables such as design calculations, drawings, specifications, schedules and MTOs prepared by engineers and designers to ensure technical correctness, quality and compliance to project objectives.
- Prepare, check and approve Procurement related documents including material requisitions, technical bid evaluations, recommendations and vendor drawing reviews.
- Assist Lead/Chief/HOD to prepare engineering control documents including deliverables lists, manhours estimates, project programs, IDC coordination and technical reviews. Manage assigned work scope to these control documents.
- Participate in the development of technical and project execution estimates and proposals and defend the basis of these estimates.
- Assume other duties as may be required by the company from time to time.
Education, Skills and Experience
- BSEng or equivalent Civil/Structural Engineering Degree from an accredited University.
- Equivalency Certificate for Technical Degree from the UAE Ministry of Education
- Engineering Card (Dubai/Abu Dhabi municipality registered)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in a professional technical capacity involving specification, design and checking in an engineering consultancy or EPC company within the oil & gas industry.
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of civil, concrete, buildings and structural steelwork on industrial projects.
- Must possess a working knowledge of upstream and downstream oil & gas and/or petrochemical units and operating principles. Other industry specific knowledge may be acceptable on a location-by-location basis.
Site construction and commissioning experience is an advantage.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs