Senior Civil Engineer
Working at SNC-Lavalin’s office in Kingston, Ontario and with members within the Rail & Transit, The Civil/Structural Design team is responsible for the strategy, planning and delivery of corporate & client Design needs. The team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
As a Civil Structural designer in SNC Lavalin's Design department and reporting to the Manager of Civil/Structural Engineering Department you will contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner and ensuring coordination between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables and coordinate all civil/structural design activities from small to large multiple projects.
What Will be your contribution?
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Function as Checker when required.
- Work with civil/structural lead engineer in planning and design layout.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used
- Resolve design issues and problems
- Attend project meetings and assist in civil/structural man-hour estimates and staffing forecast.
- Assist in Technical supervision of civil/structural designers in the preparation of design drawings and material takeoff (MTO) reports for projects.
- Meet schedule and budget of civil/structural project design activities.
- Conduct field investigations and plant site visits when needed, assist lead engineer to produce investigation report if necessary.
- Contribute in the bidding process.
What we are looking for?
- Associate of Science degree in Civil/ Structural or equivalent 2-year degree
- Registered as P.Eng or equivalent
- At least 10-12 year of experience in buildings, rails, highways, infrastructure, or other appropriate civil product line consultancies.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred.
- Microsoft suite experience
Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
• Must be willing to travel to project sites
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies. Our Rail & Transit Engineering Unit is responsible for the development and execution of large transportation infrastructure projects valued at several billion.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.