Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
As a Senior Civil Engineer in SNC Lavalin's Design department and reporting to the Manager of Civil/Structural Engineering Department you will contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner and ensuring coordination between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables and coordinate all civil/structural design activities from small to large multiple projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Work with civil/structural lead engineer in planning and design layout.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve design issues and problems.
- Attend project meetings and assist in civil/structural man-hour estimates and staffing forecast.
- Assist in Technical supervision of civil/structural designers in the preparation of design drawings and material takeoff (MTO) reports for projects.
- Meet schedule and budget of civil/structural project design activities.
- Conduct field investigations and plant site visits when needed, assist lead engineer to produce investigation report if necessary.
- Function as checker when required and contribute in the bidding process.
What will you contribute?
- Registered as P.Eng or equivalent.
- Associate of Science degree in Civil/ Structural or equivalent 2-year degree.
- At least 10-12 year of experience in buildings, rails, highways, infrastructure, or other appropriate civil product line consultancies.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred.
- Microsoft suite experience.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs