Senior Civil / Water Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. We work with water companies in the UK and overseas, supporting their capital and operational projects and programmes, and due to growth in this sector, following significant framework appointments, our Infrastructure Business is currently seeking to appoint a Senior Civil/Water Engineer in Peterborough.
The successful candidate will join our Civil Engineering and Advanced Technology team, and will oversee and undertake the design of water assets, including major pipelines and pumping stations primarily in the East Anglia region but from time to time for water clients elsewhere in the UK and overseas.
- Undertake a key role in the design team on a variety of water projects, where necessary co-ordinating multi-disciplinary inputs from network modellers, hydraulic specialists etc.
- Undertake design reviews in accordance with relevant design standards and codes
- Lead on digital engineering and its use in innovative design solutions
- Preparation of proposals/estimates/budgets for design activities
- Develop internal and external client relationships
- Ensure that activities undertaken are in accordance with relevant H&S Legislation and Accepted Industry Practices.
- Manage tasks and assignments to programme, budget and quality
- Mentor and line manage less experienced members of the team
- Promote winning work and support work winning teams
- Strong technical background
- Chartered Civil Engineer or equivalent professional qualification
- Demonstrable experience within a Water Engineering Design environment across a range of schemes, including multi-disciplinary design
- Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil and Water Engineering
- Good understanding of BIM and it’s application in the Water Industry
- Ability to collaborate within a project and team environment to achieve the desired outcome
- Ability to work with our key clients to develop and maintain professional relationships which can secure repeat business
- Ability to manage, motivate and delegate to junior staff within a project/programme delivery environment
- Willingness to contribute to our technical knowledge network
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A good understanding of the UK Water Industry
- Some travel may be required to other Atkins UK Offices as required.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All information is available on our dedicated benefits portal; Your Reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device.
Training is tailored to the needs of the individual, allowing for real responsibility at work whilst meeting the needs of personal development. Mentors provide a source of advice and guidance that is both informed and informal.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.