Senior Coastal Engineer
Senior Coastal Engineer
SENIOR COASTAL ENGINEER
The Environmental Water team, within the Engineering Design and Project Management Business Unit of SNC-Lavalin provides specialized coastal engineering expertise to a wide variety of clients, including other Business Units within the company. We provide a full range of coastal, geomorphology and hydrotechnical engineering services for local, national and international projects. Please note that although the posting shows that this position is based in Toronto, Ontario, this position can be based in any of our offices across Canada.
Why join us?
As part of growing demand, we are looking for an experienced senior level Coastal Engineer to join our team. Your primary role will be to lead project teams to design, manage and guide the execution and delivery of coastal engineering services to our clients. These projects will include a wide range of infrastructure projects of all types. Your role will also include assisting and ensuring that the services provided to all clients are innovative, effective, and practical and represent leading expertise and knowledge. The position will report to the Environmental Water Director.
How will you contribute to the team?
· Development of innovative and effective approaches to the solution of client problems.
· Providing leadership, mentoring and guidance to junior/intermediate level engineers and technicians.
· Collaborating with other project teams, internal technical and administrative support groups and other business units on cross-company projects and assignments.
· Planning, preparation and guidance of proposals in response to client needs.
· Preparing and reviewing project documentation including design briefs, design criteria, engineering reports, drawings and specifications to check accuracy, appropriateness, clarity and consistency and compliance with SNC-Lavalin standards and quality assurance procedures and with client, project requirements, specifications and applicable technical standards.
· Undertaking conceptual, preliminary and detailed engineering assignments (including site investigation and construction engineering related services) and providing review and checking functions and responsibilities as required by the project.
· Liaising with clients on existing and new projects.
· Managing project scope, budgets, schedules and deliverables.
What will you contribute?
· A minimum of 10 years of coastal engineering experience, mainly in a Canadian consulting environment.
· Registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC, PEO or an equivalent jurisdiction recognized.
· An undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil, Coastal or Ocean Engineering.
· A functional understanding of typical port, marine or offshore engineering with a working familiarity with geotechnical engineering, meteorology, vessel and port operations and marine environmental issues and disciplines.
· A functional understanding of water resource engineering including: river engineering, tidal and estuarine engineering, hydrology, numerical and physical modeling.
· Experience with land use planning and policy guidance related to flooding, climate change and sea level rise.
· Experience with the delivery, construction and evaluation of both simple and complex marine infrastructure projects.
· Familiarity with CAD and visualizations tools and software.
· An ability to work both independently and to prioritize multiple and multi-disciplinary projects and project teams.
· Experience delivering multi-discipline marine infrastructure projects.
· Familiar with industry standard coastal engineering software.
· Familiar with marine design codes and standards.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a positive problem solving and collaborative approach.
· Fluent in spoken and written English. Multilingual skills are an asset.
· Fluent in spoken and written English and experience preparing clear and concise technical documents. Multilingual skills are an asset.
· Willingness to travel on short-term (day, week, month long) assignments as necessary.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment with a focus on work-life balance, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary & flexible benefits package
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Good work-life balance and vacation time off
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs