Senior Commercial Manager
Senior Commercial Manager
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
Our talent and capability within the Nuclear Sector is highly recognized, and being involved in a new generation of UK Nuclear Power Stations means that we are now looking for Commercial Managers within the Industry Sector as part of our Commercial team to support our Clients project teams working on Nuclear New Build programmes.
These positions cover projects in the South West Region and will involve being based from our network of offices, client offices and sites.
Career progression and development opportunities will exist for the right candidates initially within this significant programme and across other similar global programmes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right people with an appropriate background in the Industry sector, which will ideally be in nuclear, petro-chemical, pharmaceutical, infrastructure or manufacturing, to take their career to the next level.
The right person:
- To do well in this role you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Progressing to full membership of the RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body is essential.
- Educated to relevant degree level is preferable.
- Able to demonstrate a noteworthy track record of administering successful contracts.
- Effective commercial / contract management skills are essential, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies.
- Good commercial skills and ability to make sound decisions on matters of financial value.
- Understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management.
- Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels.
- Familiarity with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
- Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy.
- Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs