Senior Communication Engineer (Building Services)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Senior Comms Design Engineer – Building Services
Atkins Building Design Practice are looking for an experienced, motivated Senior Comms Design Engineer looking to develop their career in a positive environment and join our team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled. This role will be based in London but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers across the UK and internationally through our Global Design Centre.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. The Building Design practice work on projects across all our focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
Our focus is on developing our staff to realize their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management
Our Practice is committed to developing our ways of working using emerging Digital Technology and the global reach offered by an organization of our size and reach. Our ideal individual will bring strong technical skills to the role, as well as an enquiring mind able to contribute to the growth of our digital practice, and the ability to lead and manage large and diverse delivery teams, locally and remotely.
- Ensuring an understanding of project briefs
- Work with client-side project teams, on consultancy, liaison, and potential support
- Perform task management and project coordination
- Specification and design of security, data and Comms systems.
- Preparing technical specifications
- Work in partnership with Atkins global design centre (GDC) to add value to building services projects where appropriate.
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Managing elements of project delivery and an understanding of budget costings
- Report writing, maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Manage own workload, help & assist with technical development of junior staff
- Client interfacing skills
- Understanding of current technologies
- Desire to understand and implement new and developing technologies and solutions.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in IT, telecommunications or related subjects
- Chartered Engineer with IET or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience working on design of Comms systems and/or data systems
- Good understanding of:
- data networks
- physical network infrastructure
- IP services
- Systems design
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential
- Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
- Experience working with clients to develop solutions.
- Experience within the rail and/or aviation industry
Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the management team from time to time to maintain flexibility in the organization. We support agile and flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.