Senior Construction Claims Expert
Senior Construction Claims Expert
Why join us?
Faithful+Gould’s Consult team is looking for new staff with experience in the analysis of construction contract claims related experience in assisting clients in the review and assessment of construction contract claims or construction defects claims. The Senior Consultant’s role will assist our clients with developing litigation strategies for contract claims, including reviewing project documents and opposing expert reports, conducting site inspections and assisting our SME in preparing expert reports. As necessary, and depending on experience and qualification, the consultant may also provide persuasive expert testimony at depositions and trial or arbitration/appraisal proceedings. Senior Consultant will also have responsibility for leadership and mentorship of other consultants and staff, and for helping the company grow and develop our dispute resolution business.
Faithful+Gould (www.fgould.com) is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide clear consulting advice and strategies to client and their legal counsel.
- Review construction claims including but not limited to disputed Variations, Extension of Time Claims, Disruption Claims, Scope Gaps, and the like including performing analysis and gathering of evidence
- Assistance with negotiation strategy and damages assessment, including identification of the best options for managing a dispute process with regard to factual findings
- Undertaking forensic reviews of records to prepare chronology of events.
- Provide insights & recommendations to improve Client’s position with respect to claims.
- Perform document reviews to identify items to assist in the mitigation of claims and the preparation of counter-claims.
- Contribute to contentious claim forums as needed.
- Provide ad-hoc advice & support to Client on Contractual/Legal Matters.
- Developing claims and dispute related strategies to meet Client’s objectives & to preserve client’s reputation.
- Drafting contractual correspondence & justifications related to dispute and claims.
- Recommending additional investigation steps during a claim/dispute process.
- Advise on legal risks and statutory compliances
- Perform site investigations and testing as necessary to develop a plan to support the client’s case.
- Analyze other expert reports and develop strategies to utilize or refute content.
- Prepare expert reports as required.
- Assist client with preparing for trial.
- Provide persuasive expert testimony at depositions and trial or arbitration/appraisal proceedings.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for other Faithful+Gould consultants and staff.
- Support Faithful+Gould business development strategy as needed with support from Faithful+Gould Sales Coordinator Representative.
- Coordinate with Management for any other business development activities as needed.
- Other responsibilities and projects that may be assigned by Leadership.
What will you contribute?
- Qualified in a core Engineering, Project Management or Contracting degree.
- 10-15+ years of extensive practical experience with building and industrial construction claims.
- Specific experience serving as an expert as to cost, estimating, scheduling and claims evaluation.
- Experience providing expert witness services for construction insurance claims, including depositions, arbitration, trial and insurance appraisal hearings.
- Confidence and experience defending positions, findings and opinions including under cross examination.
- Good computer skills and open to using Faithful+Gould's technology-driven support platform.
- Superior communication skills (written and oral) and the instinct to know how to communicate on the client’s level, to know when to speak and when not to, and to be an active listener.
- Tactfulness when dealing with difficult situations.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write and produce professional and persuasive expert reports.
- Must be proficient with technology in Cost Management, Scheduling and Project Management.
- Ability to communicate benefits and strategizing alternatives.
- A registered arbitrator or Expert Witness.
- RICS. PMI AACE or CIArb or similar memberships.
- Time Management Skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to self-direct and self-regulate
- Strong attention to detail.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs