Senior Construction Field Inspector
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin, TX Construction Management Group as a Senior Construction Field Inspector.
Under general supervision, applies the strong technical skills of a highly experienced field representative, researching and interpreting contract requirements to determine whether construction work is proceeding in substantial compliance with plans, contracts, specifications and special provisions. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractors' activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
• Reads contract plans, specifications, shop drawings, and regulatory agency manuals.
• Observes construction work such as trench excavation, pipe placement, backfill operations, pile driving, structure placement, steel reinforcement, concrete pouring, signalization and lighting, etc.
• Performs density and asphalt tests; samples and verifies certification of materials.
• Reviews shop drawings within limited area of expertise; logs and reports materials and work.
• Assists in directing the daily activities of less experienced staff.
• Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma (or equivalent) plus ten years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus eight years related experience is required.
• Good oral communications skills and ability to organize information.
• Math computation skills and understanding of contract plans and specifications.
• ACI Level 1 Certified Concrete Certification required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.