Senior Construction Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Construction Management Group in our Henderson, NV office as a Senior Construction Manager.
Under general direction, provides direction in all conventional and unconventional aspects of construction engineering to manage project construction observation and documentation activities, monitoring contractors' substantial compliance with contract, plans, specifications and special provisions and determining project quality, cost, and adherence to established completion schedule.
NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
- Plans and organizes the observation and documentation of construction projects.
- Schedules and coordinates observation of ongoing work and testing and sampling of materials.
- Assigns, leads and supervises internal staff engaged in observation and testing and in related record keeping.
- Monitors contractors' progress against schedule and prepares progress reports.
- Reviews payment requests and determines amount owing to contractor(s) based on on-site observations and contract stipulations.
- Oversees compilation of final estimate documents.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and ten years related experience including personnel supervision. Engineering design experience desirable. With Associate's degree, eighteen years of related experience. Without a degree, twenty years related experience is required.
- Leadership and managerial skills; analytical and organization skills; ability to supervise field representatives and field office personnel.
- PE or EI/EIT is required.
- Requirements typically include: ability to walk long distances, climb ladders, stoop, squat and crawl down into ditches; ability to observe construction activities and distinguish colors; and ability to perceive back-up alarms and other warnings.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions, subject to insects, flooded terrain and equipment/traffic hazards.
- Ability to process paper and electronic documents and utilize computer.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks, and review contract documents, project plans and progress reports.
- If position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles