Senior Construction Manager
Senior Construction Manager
Reporting to the Project Director, the Construction Manager will act as the senior EPCM Contractor's representative on major projects (>$500M) for the Mining & Metallurgy business. This may include acting supporting the bid and pre-construction phases of projects.
- Prepare the construction management organization chart and assign competent subordinates
- Plan and supervise the construction of the temporary site installations and services required for the proper execution of the work and the management of a safe site
- Ensure the implementation of the Site Agreement
- Manage superintendents, labour force and subcontractors
- Responsible for planning and organizing the work and ordering materials
- Administer major design build subcontracts
- Ensure compliance with the project requirements
- Resolve problems affecting the successful completion of the subcontract work
- Monitor and review subcontractor progress and works schedule
- Coordinate subcontractor’s schedule with overall Project schedule and other subcontractor’s schedules
- Coordinate access requirements between overlapping subcontractors
- Coordinate design and construction interfaces with other subcontractors
- Monitor quality, safety and environmental performance
- Act in collaboration of the Industrial Relations Officer and the Safety Supervisor and to report periodically on the performance with respect to safety and accident prevention
- Interface with the Client and third parties
- Facilitate obtaining any required permits
- Coordinate requests for information and issue field instructions.
- Evaluate, negotiate, quantify and approve changes
- Review, negotiate and approve progress payments
- Prepare construction progress reports
- Coordinate Mechanical Completion and handover process, including inspections, deficiency lists, handover documentation
- 20+ years’ experience in Construction Management, either as a Contractor or an Owner’s Representative on large scale mining projects
- Expert knowledge of materials, means and methods, and equipment involved in the construction of heavy works
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting contract requirements, including contractor/client negotiations
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to maintain professional and effective working relationships with Project Owner and related team.
- Advanced ability to engage team and drive performance
- Expert knowledge in construction safety standards with ability to drive safety culture.
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Results oriented with extremely high work ethic, stringent quality standards and can-do attitude.
- Professional/Chartered Engineer with a degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs