Senior Consultant – CBTC
Reporting to the Practice Manager – Rail Control Systems, this role is to provide high quality Railway Control Systems consultancy services with a focus on in-cab signalling systems.
Please note that whilst the main location states London, opportunities exist within our Derby, Manchester and Birmingham offices.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Supporting the procurement/bidding of RCS through technical leadership
- Developing client feasibility studies to aid business decisions
- Leading technical management of external interfaces
- Developing and managing maintenance/fault control solutions
- Developing and optimising operational interfaces
- Preparing and presenting technical publications
The successful candidate will act as a source of guidance and expertise both to clients and to colleagues, ensuring a proactive approach is taken to resolving issues and identifying and working around constraints, and demonstrating a consistently high standard of delivery.
Candidates should be able to work autonomously from start to finish and should continually be seeking fresh opportunities to solve problems and add value to the rail industry. Candidates should be active in continual professional development with aspirations to be recognized as an industry expert.
The candidate must have the positive attitude and strong work ethic required to work within a dynamic professional services team. The ability to multi-task is essential, as the majority of our team will contribute to several assignments at once. The candidate’s experience should demonstrate accountability for actions and a logical approach to decision making.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Education to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Solid post graduate experience within Railway Signalling.
- Excellent knowledge of CBTC architecture and its key system features and functions.
- Demonstrable experience of complex stakeholder management.
- Experience of managing multi disciplinary projects applying system integration techniques across multiple railway assets.
- Demonstrable experience across the assurance and approvals process.
- Thorough experience of autonomously producing technical specifications.
- Bids and Contract Management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication standards.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Direct UNISIG CBTC supplier experience.
- Experience in different locations and railway contexts around the world.
- Expertise in CBTC sub-system.
- Active member of a relevant institution or professional body.
- IRSE member at an appropriate level.
- Experience of signalling checking and design.
- Candidates will be expected to work towards Chartered status if they have not already achieved this.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.