Senior Consultant - Comms & Security Systems
Reporting to the Head of Comms & information Systems , this role is to provide high quality Rail Control Systems (RCS) consultancy services with a focus on communication and cyber security systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- The successful candidate will act as a source of guidance and expertise both to clients and to colleagues, ensuring a proactive approach is taken to resolving issues and identifying and working around constraints, and demonstrating a consistently high standard of delivery.
- Supporting the procurement/bidding of RCS through technical leadership
- Developing client feasibility studies to aid business decisions
- Leading technical management of external interfaces
- Developing and managing maintenance/fault control solutions
- Developing and optimising operational interfaces
- Preparing and presenting technical publications
Essential Experience & Skills
The candidate must have the positive attitude and strong work ethic required to work within a dynamic professional services team. The ability to multi-task is essential, as the majority of our team will contribute to several assignments at once. The candidate's experience should demonstrate accountability for actions and a logical approach to decision making.
- Education to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Solid post graduate experience within Railway Comms or Comms sectors.
- Excellent knowledge of communications networks and system architecture, and its key system features and functions.
- Demonstrable experience of complex stakeholder management.
- Experience of multi disciplinary projects applying system integration techniques across multiple railway assets.
- Demonstrable experience across the assurance and approvals process.
- Thorough experience of autonomously producing technical specifications.
- Bids, Contract Management and commercial experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication standards.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Expertise of a wide range of comms systems technologies including data centres and cloud based services.
- Experience and knowledge of cyber security and its application to Rail and RCS solutions.
- Experience in different locations and railway contexts around the world (and ability to travel).
- Active member of a relevant institution or professional body.
- Candidates will be expected to work towards Chartered status if they have not already achieved this.
- Ability to speak and write in additional languages
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental schemes, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.