Senior Consultant - Contact Systems
Senior Consultant - Contact Systems
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- The Senior Engineer, Contact Systems shall participate in the development of the technical content of Contact Systems aspects of projects, including but not limited to design, coordination, preparation of Works Submittals, and interface with other project disciplines, as delegated by the Manager, Contact Systems.
- The Senior Engineer, Contact Systems may be required to lead defined aspects of a project’s design, or to lead smaller projects in their entirety, as determined by The Manager, Contact Systems.
- The Senior Engineer, Contact Systems shall act as a mentor and adviser to Junior members of the Contact Systems team in relation to their skill and career development.
- The Senior Engineer, Contact Systems shall assist the Manager, Contact Systems in the guidance and direction of the training programmes for EITs within the Contact Systems team.
- Managing and coordinating the performance of the Contact Systems team members in accordance with project schedules and budgets for those projects delegated to the Senior Engineer, Contact Systems.
- Following closely the logic and sequence of the work to be executed based on the listing of engineering deliverables and allocating work to members of the Contact Systems Team for those projects delegated to the Senior Engineer, Contact Systems.
- Collaborating with other Contact Systems staff in other Regions to facilitate collaborative working and the sharing of the workload to ensure effective utilisation of the company’s resources in this sector.
- Contributes to the preparation, tracking of and follows project RFI’s and DQ’s.
- Assisting and collaborating with the Project Controls Manager to follow budget spent, forecast, MFL and KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) as well as preparing and implementing proper action plan when required for those projects delegated to the Senior Engineer, Contact Systems
- Assisting and coordinating with the planner to update the engineering schedule and analyze critical path.
- Contributing to the coordination of risk review activities and registry updates.
- Participating regularly required project meetings.
- Participating in ad-hoc interdisciplinary meetings as required.
- Interfacing with design groups (communications, fixed facilities, etc.) and with external team members (architects, code consultants, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.).
- Providing information and support to allow component, sub-system and system procurement (technical specifications, vendor selections, post-award support, etc.)
- Deliver design\construction and interface control documentation.
- Interaction with Operations and Maintenance teams.
- Support of construction and installation activities in the field.
- Support for Test & Commissioning and setting to work of Contact Systems
What will you contribute?
- Knowledge of railway OCS systems for mainline, metro, LRT and streetcar systems. Knowledge of subway and metro power rail designs.
- Knowledge of Canadian and other suites of standards relating to railway Contact Systems.
- Knowledge to the feeding and sectioning topologies in common use and their application to projects.
- Knowledge of the development of designs from client specifications through to realisable and constructable designs.
- Ability to perform detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, procurement documents, as well as design and installation packages.
- Ability to develop and detail contact systems design concepts with architects, proponents, utilities and other engineering disciplines.
- 5+ year in a similar role.
- Licensed Engineer or eligibility.
Manager, Contact Systems.
Member s of the Contact Systems Team as directed or delegated by the Manager, Contact Systems.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs