Senior Consultant - Electrical Engineering
Job Title: Senior Consultant - Electrical Engineering
In the changing energy market, where the network is getting smarter, more efficient and more complex, we are seeking a consultant who can be at the forefront of delivering this work.
Key responsibilities include:
- As a project manager you will be managing projects and ensuring that projects are delivered efficiently (within scope, cost and time).
- Contributing to our growth strategy by maintaining existing client relationships and developing new ones. You’ll engage with potential new clients and contacts to communicate Atkins’ expertise and lead competitive tenders.
- Maintaining an understanding of ongoing developments in the market, including: innovation projects, power system advisory, electrical design (MD&HV) and power system studies.
One of two key aspects of the role will be developing and building relationships with external clients, and another one will be supporting the development of the internal team of engineers. You’ll have the ability and the desire to manage teams and deliver projects to a high standard. You will be able to work both independently and within the team. If you come from a utility, developer or consultancy background will be an advantage.
Required experience in a minimum of one of the following areas:
- Technical or techno-economical role in an electrical engineering discipline within
- Transmission or Distribution Network Operator;
- Electricity Systems Operator;
- Generator developer;
- Business case proposals for investments in the power industry.
- Working with regulatory bodies or internal regulatory teams particularly related to codes and standards investment decision making/submissions.
- Power system simulations (400/275/132/66/33kV).
- Techno-economic analysis.
- Innovation in the energy industry (NIA/NIC).
- TP141 authorised for HV plant or P&C.
Atkins Energy business has been operating in the energy market for over four decades and the pace of change has never been greater than it is now. We are on the brink of a revolution in how the world generates and uses Energy. The possible scenarios of the future energy market will require the smart integration of renewable generation, energy storage, and sustainable demand with a transmission & distribution network that remains robust, flexible and economic to meet this changing landscape.
Our clients include International and UK transmission and distribution companies, manufacturers, renewable technology providers, investors and regulatory bodies, with an increasingly key role in delivering the electrical design aspects of major infrastructure projects and truly ground-breaking international projects.
Reward & Benefits
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes competitive salary package, opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave. Flexible working arrangements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles