Atkins wants to shake up services in asset management.
Asset management needs people at all levels who see the bigger picture. Our clients are demanding support in areas beyond traditional engineering. We want to provide holistic services that allow our clients to become asset management leaders. That’s why we’re looking for experienced individuals to fill Senior and Principal Consultant roles, and who can help our clients get the most out of the assets they are responsible for.
We’re looking for a diverse range of professionals with an understanding of asset management in its broadest sense. We’re interested in people with knowledge of strategy, economics, digital delivery, training, commercial drivers and outsourcing, as well as business change and communications. Our roots are in engineering, so we also need engineers who thrive on managing assets in the context of broader business objectives.If you have a combination of experience in some of these areas you might fit into our team.
Whatever your background and experience, you’ll be a confident communicator and happy to dive into technical detail, even in a new area. You’ll also be comfortable developing relationships with clients and securing work for the wider team.
You’ll be working with our clients to deliver diverse asset management projects, covering anything from implementing innovative uses of new technology, formulating national guidance, providing strategic direction for asset management policy and using data and analysis tools to develop works programmes. Wherever you’re based, you’ll have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
These roles will be based in Manchester or Birmingham. Regular travel to other UK offices and occasional overseas travel forms part of this role.
• Managing and delivering a variety of projects in the field of asset management
• Developing and maintaining professional relationships with clients to secure new, additional or repeat business
We’re looking to hear from candidates with Degrees in analytical subjects, such as Economics, Law, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar disciplines, and some of the following (depending on level of experience):
• Membership of a relevant professional institution or equivalent
• Achieved or working towards Chartered Membership status where relevant
• Experience of working in asset management - either in an advisory role or in the delivery of maintenance activities
• Good knowledge of asset management and maintenance practices in the UK
• Understanding national asset management drivers as well as those of individual stakeholders
• Ability to work within a team
• Excellent report writing and communication skills
• Experience in the implementation of asset management systems and interpretation and analysis of results of such systems
• Working knowledge of ISO55000
• Experience and track record in contributing to the development of national guidance documents.
• Experience and understanding of asset modelling and management systems
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Working at Atkins
Our working environment and offices reflect our modern approach to asset management.
You’ll benefit from our promotion-from-within policy and enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
In our experience, diverse teams provide the best mix of skills and experience needed to deliver what our customers want, so we’re committed to equal opportunities for everyone’s benefit.
Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Our Latest Articles