Senior Consultant - Intelligent Mobility
The creation of a new transportation division in Atkins brings together the capabilities of our Highway and Rail teams into a single business of 3,000 talented engineers and professionals. The UK transport sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in a diverse range of projects such as high speed rail, intelligent transport systems, digital rail and the driverless car projects. Our consultants are working with government, local authorities and private sector partners to develop integrated transport strategies to ensure the urban areas we live in continue to work.
The unique breadth of services in transport combined with our scale makes us the leading UK transport consultancy and we are seeking talented individuals who can inspire our people and collaborate with our clients to ensure we continue to shape the future of transport and drive new and exciting business opportunities for Atkins.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and multidisciplinary team, to play a leading role in building and executing our plan for the future, driving sales and proposition development in our strategy and growth plan. It will necessitate ambition, creativity, technical knowledge, management experience and commercial acumen to create and manage new revenue streams for the business.
Key areas of responsibility will include:-
- Utilising your own technical skill set to contribute to new value propositions and test existing propositions in the emerging area of Intelligent Mobility, which may include but is not limited to human factors, public transport operations, traffic modelling of connected and autonomous vehicles/networks, smart ticketing
- Performing in IM technical or project management delivery roles, working with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver to time and budget
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the delivery of IM-specific assignments
delivering in-year sales
- Seeking to create new opportunities for Intelligent Mobility across divisions and international offices
- Developing value propositions with colleagues and proactively taking to market
- Working with Market Directors to position propositions effectively in the market and with new clients
- Working with Client Directors to formulate key account plans, identifying opportunities for new service penetration
- Supporting Practice Management with resource planning activities to ensure we have the capacity and capability to capitalise on future demand
- Developing and executing ideas to contribute to further growth strategies
- Ensuring the lessons from client feedback are shared and acted upon to help increase opportunity conversion and client satisfaction
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.