Senior Contracts Manager
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Contracts and Subcontracts Group as a Sr Contracts Manager, this role can sit in the following offices; Tampa, FL, Raleigh, NC, Miami FL, Calverton, MD and Henderson, NV.
Responsible for all dimensions of intermodal contract administration, including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting and product delivery for major contracts. As necessary, assists project/program managers with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), State law and regulation interpretation and interfaces with clients' contracting officer or specialist on contractual issues. Supervises Contracts Group to provide lifecycle contracts and subcontracts administration and compliance support services across the enterprise.
- Hires, trains and supervises EDPM Intermodal Contracts Group, including contract and subcontract administrators and contract compliance personnel.
- Assists with negotiating contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Coordinates approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate management staff.
- Provides advice on and interpretation of contract requirements.
- Reviews solicitation requests to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Assists in preparation and reviews cost proposals including pricing and scheduling details, coordination of requirements and cost proposal risk assessment.
- Prepares consulting agreements.
- Modifies contract schedules and participates in vendor agreement negotiations when required.
- Ensures timely processing of technical reports and deliverables.
- Coordinates with program managers to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Provides supervision, guidance and work leadership to less-experienced contracts/subcontracts administrators and managers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices, including but not limited to design-build.
- Participates in special projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, plus a minimum of ten years relevant experience, five of which must be related to FAR procurement or Federal contract administration OR Master's degree in Business Administration or related field, plus a minimum of eight years relevant experience.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and working familiarity with State law and regulation. Experience with multiple contract types, performance-based contracting and GSA is required.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to understand contract plans and specifications, organize information, and effectively utilize PC and applicable software.
- Contracts Management credentials from NCMA preferred.
- Prior experience with Design/Build contracts is preferred
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles