Senior Contracts Manager
Senior Contracts Manager
Sr Contracts Manager – Department of Transportation
Why join us?
Responsible for all dimensions of contract administration, including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting and product delivery for major contracts. As necessary, assists project/program managers, State law and regulation interpretation and interfaces with clients' contracting officer or specialist on contractual issues. Supervises Contracts Group to provide lifecycle federal and state contracts and subcontracts administration and compliance support services across the enterprise.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Tampa, FL, Orlando, FL, Denver, Co or Atlanta, GA office as a Sr Contracts Manager – Department of Transportation.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assists with negotiating contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Coordinates approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate management staff.
- Provides advice on and interpretation of contract requirements.
- Reviews solicitation requests to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Assists in preparation and reviews cost proposals including pricing and scheduling details, coordination of requirements and cost proposal risk assessment.
- Prepares consulting agreements.
- Modifies contract schedules and participates in vendor agreement negotiations when required.
- Ensures timely processing of technical reports and deliverables.
- Coordinates with program managers to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Assists in the development of internal contract and subcontract administration policy.
- Provides supervision, guidance and work leadership to less-experienced contracts/subcontracts administrators and managers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Participates in special projects.
- Supervises and ensures small business compliance program for federal, state and local government contracts.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, plus a minimum of ten years relevant experience, five of which must be related to FAR procurement or Federal contract administration OR Master's degree in Business Administration or related field, plus a minimum of eight years relevant experience.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and working familiarity with State law and regulation. Experience with multiple contract types, performance-based contracting and GSA is required.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to understand contract plans and specifications, organize information, and effectively utilize PC and applicable software.
- Contracts Management credentials from NCMA.
- Prior experience with Design/Build contracts is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of FDOT Automated Fee Proposals.
- Advanced knowledge of Design Build contract risks and interpretations, including Progressive Design Build (Designer perspective).
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs