Senior Cost Manager - Corporate Real Estate
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Our company Faithful and Gould (www.fgould.com) is an integrated project and programme management consultancy. It supports clients with the management of their construction projects and programmes of varying types of projects, with offices across Asia, Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Subcontinent and Australia. Our office locations are complemented by those of our Parent group SNC Lavalin enabling us to draw on an international knowledge base in delivering the next project to our large and extensive client base. In Faithful+Gould, we are providing more than just a job, we believe we can offer an exciting change of professional lifestyle and career development.
From our Singapore office we currently provide a range of project management services to International Corporations and Government entities including the following:
- Strategic Project Definition and Advisory Services;
- Client Representative Services;
- Due Diligence studies;
- Cost and Budget;
- Planning and Programme Management;
- Project Management;
- Move Management;
- Design Management;
- Procurement Management;
- Construction Management;
Faithful+Gould is looking for a competent Senior Cost Manager to join our Singapore Team. You are competent in providing an effective and efficient Cost Management service to clients. You continually strive to improve your contribution and value by developing your knowledge and expertise with colleagues. You help to develop new business opportunities as you broaden your experience and deepen your client understanding and relationships.
The Senior Cost Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects with the desired project objectives.
The incumbent must have adequate knowledge and information about the business and the project in order to make informed value decisions for both the Client and the Company.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, for smaller commissions/projects or assistance on major commissions/projects with defined levels of accountability.
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful + Gould and your profession.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders.
- Having the confidence to work unsupervised.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues
The successful candidate should possess:
Degree in Quantity Surveying or its equivalent
Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience
Preferably RICS, but not mandatory
Experience at both pre-contract / post contract stages
Experience in Corporate Real Estate (CRE) projects
Advantage of having / projects using BIM and comfortable with using BIM in service delivery (estimating / take offs etc.)