Senior Cost Manager
Senior Cost Manager
Senior Cost Manager
Why join us?
Our New York Team is growing! This position will be located in New York with regional travel to our client sites. This role implements established procedures for baseline schedule and cost control budgets, cost reporting, monitors progress, tracks actual expenditures and develops forecasts, as needed. Analyzes status data and trends as required. Responsible for all aspects of project cost management. This is an immediate need. This is a full-time position with Faithful+Gould that comes with robust benefits. We seek individuals who are looking for long term tenure and growth.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manage, review and issues cost reports to the client and construction team, including key project indicators
- Tracks and analyzes the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, forecasts, and contingencies analysis
- Produce forecasts of total project costs, annual costs, and monthly cash flow costs and provides variance analysis and explanations
- Manages, revises, and maintains the status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement and deliveries, construction contracts through start-up activities and closeout.
- Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of the bid review process to ensure all cost control requirements are incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders
- Provide procurement services for the client where applicable for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP, bid analysis and bid reports
- Reviews change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process
- Provide cost information on value engineering analysis
- Attend project meetings and lead meetings relating to cost / commercial aspects as required
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements
- Interacts with Project Mgt Information Systems group to help define system, work/process flows and capabilities.
- Manages program cost estimate databases and utilizes pivot tables to drive summary reporting and cash flows.
- Manages Contract Approval Request (CAR) system for new commitments and change orders for all direct reports.
- Maintain project financial system through JDEdwards system, develop reports and transaction policies.
- Manages current consultant/program budget, monthly accruals and invoice approval tracking/routing.
- Weekly cost report with Client Finance.
- Update/create budgets for internal staff and consultant teams.
- Reactive actions to respond to client data requests.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
- Preferably a member of RICS or AACE or another relevant professional body
- 4 years of related experience
- Experience with JD Edwards and/or other cost reporting software preferred
- Strong IT skills with an excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in new build, out of the ground construction and CRE is preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary teams, including interacting with the clients
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgment and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely manner
- Commercially aware, you’ll work well as part of a team and demonstrate that you can work autonomously when required
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs
- Ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service
- Drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their technical and behavioral skills
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgment and good sense
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative
- Develop their professional network to support the New York office and career.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits that include:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous time-off benefits
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
- Career development opportunities through our corporate university
- Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
- Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and commuter reimbursement account
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs