Senior Cost Manager
Senior Cost Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
Our North Carolina Team is Growing!
Faithful+Gould seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Senior Cost Manager. This position will be to be based in Charlotte, Raleigh or Durham! Be part of the in-house team helping a global client deliver projects across a growing national portfolio. This position serves as the client’s key contact for providing cost management services, including budgeting, cost forecasting, analytics reporting, change management, close-out administration, procurement management, invoice validation, earned value and value engineering.
This position is integral to our client’s Corporate Real Estate team developing and managing cost strategies for projects nationally. Data Center experience is a plus! This is a full time, internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with project and cost management expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies.
Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Support the development and implementation of cost management processes.
- Develops project budgets to inform capital investment plans.
- Develops, reviews, issues and presents cost management reports.
- Develops cash flow projections and issues, with the cost report, to the client’s finance team.
- Provides assurance on change order management in accordance with the client’s process.
- Provides assurance on invoices management in accordance with the client’s process.
- Utilizes the client’s cost management systems to input commercial data and prepare cost reports.
- Provides procurement services for the client where applicable for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Leads the biweekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the stakeholder teams.
- Provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet established requirements.
- With minimal supervision and where necessary, assists the client with any cost information relating to capital projects.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience with cost management processes.
- Preferably a member of RICS or AACE or another relevant professional body.
- Must understand Administration of Construction Contracts.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- Advanced use of Excel to generate and update reporting tools. Experience with Ariba, PM Web, or e-Builder is a plus.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Highly articulate, have a clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills regarding the management of cost processes.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous time-off benefits
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
- Career development opportunities through our corporate university
- Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
- Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and commuter reimbursement account
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy:
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs