Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor (CRE/office fit-out)
Faithful+Gould is looking for a competent Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor to join our Singapore Team. You are competent in providing an effective and efficient Cost Management service to clients. You continually strive to improve your contribution and value by developing your knowledge and expertise with colleagues. You help to develop new business opportunities as you broaden your experience and deepen your client understanding and relationships.
The Cost Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects with the desired project objectives.
The incumbent must have adequate knowledge and information about the business and the project in order to make informed value decisions for both the Client and the Company.
The roles and responsibilities include:
• Taking off and measurements
• Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
• Preparation of BQs, tender documents and tender pricing
• Evaluation of tenders and conducting tender interviews
• Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
• Post contract administrative work, e.g. manage variations, valuations, attending site meetings
• Project close out
• Assist senior cost manager and assist the leads with major commissions/projects with defined levels of accountability
• Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organization’s Policies
The successful candidate should possess:
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or related disciplines
• Minimum 8+ years of working experience in CRE/office fit-out projects preferably with consultancy background, sound computer knowledge and good command of both written and spoken English
• Familiarity with different types of Conditions of Contracts and project controls tools/procedures
• Has a general knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law
• Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry
• Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages
• Reliable mathematical ability and accuracy in all your work, and good standard of literacy and presentation skills
• Good command of both written and spoken English and/or Mandarin
• Able to work with minimal supervision