Senior Design Manager - Masterplan
Faithful+Gould are looking for Senior Design Manager with experience in Masterplan developments.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
- A Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in planning or a closely related field and at least fifteen (15) years of experience in the planning profession.
- Thorough knowledge of urban planning and development.
- Thorough knowledge of a specialization such as housing, zoning, and economic development.
- Knowledge of research methods and statistical principles related to urban growth and development.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include transportation modelling, database management, or GIS.
- At least ten (10) years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities.
- At least ten (10) years’ Master Planning experience in the management of the design.
- Experience with LEED/Estidama.
- Middle East experience required.
- Ability to build consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Active leadership style.
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project.
- Be aware of the broader environmental, social and economic perspectives and how they may affect the programme.
- Support and provide leadership to your programme team.
The overall responsibility and duties under this role is to manage, guide, recommend, advise, instruct the master plan designer, the preliminary design consultant (if any), the appointed PMC’s / Contractors and O&M teams during all the design phases (conceptual to final), during construction implementation and report possible design issues and recommendations to the client.
Moreover, advise the client on Master Planning requirements for design, construction and operational stages that align with the program requirements and the general program vision.
This role will have full oversight of the Design Management team and all activities related to Sitewide Master Planning.
Overall coordination and leadership of the Design Management team, aligning on scope, identifying and filling the gaps and focusing on priorities.
Effective management of integrated Master Plans, coordination with other Portfolio Master Planners and any of the sub-tier master planners inputting into the overall project(s) along with seamless integration between the districts ensuring that all design teams are made aware of the Master Plan requirements and are held to account to deliver in accordance with their remits.
Managing the production of plot and block regulations by the Master Planners and fully adopted and incorporated in the Project(s).
Prepare and review scope briefs for procurement of Master Planner design consultants, align with the development leads in support of the consultant procurement process. Prepare briefs for master plan support roles and identify and fill scope gaps.
Work with the employer’s team to build an effective permitting roadmap based on executive level discussions in respect to self-administered permitting.
Monitor PMC and consultant’s resolution of permitting issues relating to plots at programme level, communicate priorities, risks, issues and changes across programme.
Manage and monitor (where managed by Project PMCs) the stage gate submittal process and monitor deliverables against tracking schedule, review consultant’s dashboards, schedules and coordinate high level issues log against what was committed.
Monitor risk and mitigation plans across the programme, highlight key areas that have potential to impact successful design progression.
Master Planners, PMCs and programme level consultants; tracking master plan alterations and amendments e.g. changes to ROW’s and plots access service roads etc. Impacts to delivery, jointly highlighting risks with mitigation strategies, coordinate plot and programme wide consultant’s respective activities.
Responsible for effective communication between stakeholders through regular meetings across Projects (where more than one being managed), districts, plots and programme, control of the information repository within the PMIS including plot development criteria, brand standards, site information and other critical requirements to facilitate the design process.
Conduct periodic specific review meetings with Project PMC(s) and design teams, capture areas of concern and escalate as required. Ensure that programme level consultants are engaging effectively with Project teams.
Report weekly on key master planning accomplishments and concerns, highlight risks that could impact the programme delivery.
Periodic analysis of design review process, ensure that consultants are complying and report on any non-compliances.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles