Senior Designer (BIM) OPC - Chennai, India
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Senior Designer (BIM) OPC - Chennai, India
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects. Linxon will undertake turnkey electrical alternating current substation projects related to renewable and conventional power generation, power transmission and transportation solutions. Turnkey solutions will include project design, engineering, procurement, construction, management, commissioning and after-sales support.
The Senior Designer – OPC will be a member of Linxon IN OPC-Chennai Engineering Team and will contribute towards the effective operation of the business unit. The Senior Designer – OPC will work on project/Tender specific activities assigned to the OPC group along with skilled team on a wide range of international T&D substation projects, classified as medium engineering complexity. Individual contributor using prior theoretical learning or knowledge of methods and technologies to execute work assignments using established solutions. The position provides design for engineering discipline across multiple engineering projects within the OPC. Complete the assignments on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards. Highest quality standards are applied, and safety requirements are taken into consideration.
Knowledge & Skill:
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering.
- 6-8 years’ experience in CAD design & Drafting with specialization in BIM
- Hands-on experience in working with projects with BIM.
- Expertise in current BIM standards in practice among the Global community.
- Sound knowledge in preparation of complex design drawings using 3D / BIM modeling.
- Have successfully undertaken the migration of 3D skill of the workforce towards BIM level 1 or 2.
- Proven expertise in engaging in discussions with suppliers and stakeholders in driving BIM implementation in their businesses.
Act as a BIM drafting specialist and provide guidance for drafting resources/project teams on highly complex designs/drawings. Collaborates with suppliers and review vendor documentation to ensure BIM standards are implemented in their designs. To be able to evaluate and propose the most suitable CAD tool that can be deployed considering different market requirements. Prepare a roadmap for driving the BIM competency to Level of detail LOD 500. Investigate and analyze benefit vs cost for investing in new software requirements in CAD. Train and coach the CAD resources to be developed in BIM Perform Gap analysis of current skill level against advanced BIM level requirements. Identify and implement key action points to move the 3D skill level of the drafting workforce to advance BIM levels Ensure own activities related to BIM designs are delivered efficiently executed, in accordance to quality standards specified in contractual documents. Interacts with customers and provides technical guidance on BIM design related queries. Execute independent BIM design work packages received from HUB’s. Ensures accurate application and implementation of standard processes and tools in preparing accurate drawings. Contributes to design reviews and verification following established QA/QC process. Reports any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management, along with recommendations for resolution.
Engineering Team / Project Lead engineer / Engineering Manager:
- Collaboration with OPC drafting team and HUB engineers.
- Sets benchmark within the Engineering community in evaluating and adopting the latest CAD technologies to improve business productivity and Quality of Engineering design
- Knowledge and adherence to Linxon’s Code of Conduct
- Application of knowledge to add value
- Demonstrate the interest of continual improvement in the execution of work.
- Understanding and implementation of engineering and design process related to BIM design.
- Knowledge of BIM design deliverables required for Base and Detailed Design, establishing an appropriate level of detail and checking required for each phase.
To know more about Linxon click on the Video link below: