Senior Designer - Instrumentation (Microstation) - Mumbai
SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. is a Canadian company based in Montreal that provides engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services to various industries, including mining and metallurgy, oil and gas, environment and water, infrastructure, and clean power. SNC-Lavalin is the largest construction company, by revenue, in Canada, as of 2018. The firm has over 50,000 employees worldwide, with offices in over 50 countries and operations in over 160 countries.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
The below mentioned jobs, are open to those who wish to take up new assignments, once the pandemic subsides as we pave way for more futuristic openings, spanning our various disciplines/departments.
The applicants are requested to apply to only one relevant job posting as this would enable the recruiters to screen the applications, comprehensively and then get in touch with them.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Instrument wiring, location plans, installation detail, cable schedules. MTO and other CAD
drawing design Model review and Clash check, clash resolution and validation.
• Participate in project design reviews
• Assist in preparing cost/manpower estimates for project and proposals
• Perform inter-discipline squad checks (esp. piping, model, mechanical equipment and
• Enter/review instrument database content per P&IDs
« Site surveys
• Assist with as-building deliverables
• Perform technical audits and quality reviews for design deliverables
• Site pre-commissioning activities and design support.
REQUIRED KEY SKILLS AND SOFTWARE TOOLS:
• International Codes & Standards and Best Engineering Practices that apply to Automation
• Awareness of Quality Management System and Procedures
• Awareness of Project Management and Control Process & Procedure
• Automation design deliverables, workflow and interdisciplinary co-ordination
• Understanding of P&IDs and Instrument Database (SPI)
• Awareness of change management practice
• Inter-discipline co-ordination
• 2D and 3D AutoCAD and Micro station. Smart PLANT, PDS.PDMS. Auto PLANT
• Project Automation database (eg. Smart Plant).
• Other project-specific software tools
• Microsoft Office Suite
Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering / ITI in Mechanical Draftsman ship.
10-13 years of detail engineering experience in Upstream Oil & Gas. Refinery, & Petrochemical
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles