Senior Drainage Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Tampa, FL Water Resources Group as a Senior Drainage Engineer.
The candidate's primary role within the group is to provide drainage design and production services for roadway projects and drainage tasks on assignment within a Client’s office.
- Serve as the drainage design engineer on assignment within a Client’s office to augment the Client’s staff on transportation drainage projects which includes the preparation of calculations, plans production, reports, shop drawing reviews, immediate response projects and flooding complaint support. Additional support to the Client may include drainage permit reviews, database management and drainage plan reviews.
- Strong ability to organize and manage a drainage design with an emphasis on maintaining Client project schedules and budgets.
- Coordinates work with Client’s Engineers and project managers and multidisciplinary design groups.
- Responsible for quality control, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, and checking computations or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with FDOT and Local Municipality drainage design criteria for RRR and capacity projects which may include the following designs: open and closed storm drain design, wet and dry stormwater management facilities, pond siting analysis, base clearance analysis, nutrient loading analysis, and bridge hydraulic analysis.
- At least 8+ years of drainage design work experience with FDOT projects.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills. May be eligible to receive project
- management training.
- P.E. license is required.
- The candidate must be proficient in Microstation, GEOPAK Drainage or ASAD, ICPR, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in 3D corridor modeling, ArcGIS, HEC-RAS is a plus.
General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles