Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Electrical/Control & Instrumentation Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Engineer who thrives on making a strong personal contribution and who is motivated to help make the organisation a little better every day. You want to deliver – for the client, for the business and for yourself.
We need an Electrical/Control & Instrumentation Engineer who wants to solve and deliver engineering solutions and innovative consultancy advice to core clients, critical to the success of the global energy market.
Does this sound like you? In this case, we’d love you to apply for this role.
Working for our Nuclear & Power business in Bristol, you will be part of a team of electrical, control and instrumentation engineering professionals and will have the opportunity to work across the whole nuclear market, from Decommissioning to Generation and New Build.
- The role will entail providing EC&I design solutions and safety case advice for the construction of new nuclear facilities, supporting the operation of the existing power generating fleet and decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
- The role will require good communication skills with both the client and the wider ATKINS engineering and management teams. You will also be responsible for taking ownership of, and sourcing solutions to, any engineering problems that arise in completion of the projects/tasks.
- You should be adept at undertaking technical work individually or leading a project team and to take responsibility for managing the delivery to agreed timescales and within budget, working closely with clients within their premises as well as remotely, managing your peers, developing opportunities and winning work. You will act as a single point of contact for clients.
Day-to-day activities may include:
- Full lifecycle of activities from requirements capture, through front end and detailed design, implementation oversight and support and testing and commissioning together with design substantiation, this may include:
- Preparing bids to customer specifications.
- Reviewing project specifications to ensure clarity of tenders/quotations.
- Front-end engineering and detailed design package generation for projects.
- Control and management of approved sub-contractors to complete project work.
- Authoring/Verifying all associated design documentation as required for a project.
- Leading projects including refurbishments of old ageing design and new design, and with a wide range of electrical, control and instrumentation equipment, analogue (non-smart) and digital (smart) instrumentation and systems (relay based, solid state, PLC).
- Safety Case production.
- Capturing customer and project data for clients when visiting sites in support of the company’s business development activities.
- Building strong relationships with clients to develop further opportunities for ATKINS.
- Communicating effectively with ATKINS project team ensuring positive working relationships to encourage the flow of project information.
- Representing the company in all project-related activities.
- Specifying EC&I equipment, assessment and design justifications (including compliance with International/British Standards, client Technical Standards and Guidance Notes).
- Be responsible for complying with all relevant Health & Safety legislation and guidance.
- You will enjoy taking on a range of challenges, some technical, some wider business oriented; all of which help us to run a strong business. You will enjoy working with/lead clients and teams and you will be adaptable and happy to cope with uncertainty. As soon as you’re presented with a problem, you are focused on how to resolve it, whatever it might be.
- You know when to tackle issues alone and when to discuss and agree how to solve complex issues with your colleagues. Overall, you get satisfaction from building relationships, with clients and with colleagues. You enjoy getting to know people and working out how you can have a positive impact on them – whether delivering something for a client, helping them progress within the organisation or helping to win more work.
- In addition to having excellent communication and problem-solving skills you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Honours Degree in electrical/electronics engineering or equivalent.
- Achieved Chartership status.
- Proven record of accomplishment working and leading teams as an Electrical and/or Control & Instrumentation Engineer within the Nuclear industry.
- A strong understanding of the different activities that are undertaken as part of a project lifecycle.
- Experience in designing safety control systems.
- Experience in leading and developing others.
- A strong understanding of design requirements and processes, when working in safety critical industries like Nuclear.
- A strong commercial acumen.
- Experience in Safety Case production is desirable although not essential.
- An ability to apply project and client management principles.
- A strong understanding of the fundamental factors that contribute to business success.
As part of our Nuclear & Power business, our Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Team specialises in delivering electrical, control and instrumentation solutions to clients across the nuclear industry. With existing relationships in both Nuclear Civil and Defence sectors, as well as the wider energy market, we bring technical expertise to help solve our client’s problems. We see integrated design services as a growth area and being part of the wider Nuclear & Power business gives us unrivalled access to significant players in all parts of the industry offering breadth of diversity and opportunity.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Atkins, member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world, in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you will have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our engineers.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs