Senior EC&I Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We can’t always shout about the work we’re involved in. Instead, we are quietly doing brilliant things for our clients.
Working within our Advanced Engineering and Technology team within our Atkins Silchester office you will be in a position to develop and shape the growth of the control and instrumentation pipeline and team.
Within this role you will be responsible for the production and quality of a variety of deliverables to our clients varying with the nature of the role of a consultant. In addition to conducting a technical role, you will be supporting in the growth of both the team around you and the pipeline of work. You will be supporting the mentoring and training of colleagues to meet the high standards we expect. You will also have responsibility for running ongoing project and future bid work.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be client focused, and have excellent communication, mentoring and stakeholder management skills.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical, Electronic or Control and Instrumentation Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- You will be chartered or on your way to be.
- Be able to demonstrate sound technical EC&I knowledge and leadership experience.
- Be able to show an appropriate level of building services and controls experience.
- Be able to demonstrate sound technical understanding of safety instrumented systems
- Lead / Assist in the production of bids / Estimates
- Experience of Safety Substantiation
- Experience of Lightning protection
- Experience of Safety standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513), SIL categorisation & safety lifecycle
- Experience of Availability, Reliability and Maintainability
- Experience of Fault trees, FMEA, HAZOP knowledge
- Nuclear industry experience is an advantage however, we are principally looking for first class EC&I Engineers who have the capacity to learn and develop their skills for the nuclear industry.
- A confident and professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use initiative and demonstrate creativity.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Responsible for managing the control and instrumentation aspects of major infrastructure projects from system studies and investment appraisals through to detailed design.
- Act as Lead Engineer on design projects or on electrical, control and instrumentation aspects of multidisciplinary utilities infrastructure design projects.
- Liaison with clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Specification, selection and justification of relevant equipment.
- Generation of Front End Engineering Design packages.
- Relevant equipment assessment and justification reports.
- Production of Commissioning Procedures.
- Production of Technical Specifications.
You will be required to be flexible in terms of work location and travel. If deployed at client site you should be geographically mobile and be prepared to work on-site anywhere in the UK.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.