Senior EC&I Engineer
We can’t always shout about the work we’re involved in. Instead, we are quietly doing brilliant things for our clients.
Protecting the security of our home and of our citizens abroad is one of government’s highest priorities. Atkins supports government defence departments and the wider defence industry through the provision of engineering, technical and project management advice. Our role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience in this dynamic sector.
We are principally looking for first class engineers who have the capacity to learn and develop their skills for the nuclear industry. Atkins provides a comprehensive training program as part of its staff development, so a lack of previous industry experience need not be a barrier to high caliber candidates.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical, Electronic or Control and Instrumentation Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Able to demonstrate sound technical experience.
- A sufficient and appropriate level of building services and controls experience gained within a client organisation, engineering consultancy or equipment supplier.
- Project management, including controls, planning and estimating and preparation of deliverable/work package.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Working within a multi-discipline engineering team and having a general appreciation of other disciplines' constraints and requirements.
- Building control systems.
- Fieldbus systems.
- Industrial Automation.
- Experience of the nuclear industry is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of industrial safety system design.
- A confident and professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use initiative and demonstrate creativity.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Responsible for managing the control and instrumentation aspects of major infrastructure projects from system studies and investment appraisals through to detailed design.
- Act as Lead Engineer on design projects or on electrical, control and instrumentation aspects of multidisciplinary utilities infrastructure design projects.
- Liaison with clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Specification, selection and justification of relevant equipment.
- Generation of Front End Engineering Design packages.
- Relevant equipment assessment and justification reports.
- Production of Commissioning Procedures.
- Production of Technical Specifications.
You will be required to be flexible in terms of work location and travel. If deployed at client site you should be geographically mobile and be prepared to work on-site anywhere in the UK.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.