Senior EC&I Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Senior EC&I Engineer
Working within our Energy business in Whitehaven, you will be in a unique position of being able to offer full concept through to detail design capability across some fantastic, inspirational projects. From our office we are involved in developing innovative, practical solutions for our clients across the UK and further afield.
Within this role, you’ll be responsible for C&I equipment specification, assessment and justification, and Front End Engineering Design package generation. You will also lead EC&I project design team(s), multidisciplinary bid teams, and liaise with clients, suppliers and contractors. Developing C&I capability, growing the business and being responsible for project cost, time control and reporting are also key elements of the role.
In addition to conducting a technical role, you will be assisting the EC&I department lead to manage the department’s staff and mentor and train colleagues to meet the high standards we expect. You will also have responsibility for running ongoing project and future bid work.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be client focused, and have excellent communication, mentoring and stakeholder management skills.
You will be chartered or on your way to be, have a relevant engineering degree or extensive relevant experience, and be able to demonstrate sound technical EC&I knowledge and leadership experience. In addition to having previously managed staff and projects, you will also be able to demonstrate experience in a number of the following areas:
- Lead / Assist in the production of Bid / Estimates
- Low Voltage Electrical Distribution Design
- Safety substantiation
- Safety Instrumented Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers
- Lightning protection
- Safety standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513), SIL categorisation & safety lifecycle
- Availability, Reliability and Maintainability
- Fault trees, FMEA, HAZOP knowledge
- Experience of managing teams at project level
- Project management skills
- Risk and quality management
You may also be able to demonstrate the below desirable requirements:
- A working knowledge of BS7671
- Medium/High Voltage Electrical Distribution Design.
- Experience of COSER
- Experience of commissioning electrical and control systems
- Experience of maintaining electrical and control systems
- Security systems equipment
- Communications systems design (Ethernet and field bus communications)
- Knowledge of Software development for process control
- Nuclear industry experience is an advantage however, we are principally looking for first class EC&I Engineers who have the capacity to learn and develop their skills for the nuclear industry.
- This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
- Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all of our engineers.
Reward & Benefits:
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.