This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We work on challenging and exciting projects across a range of market sectors including transportation, cities, water, energy and defence.
To meet our growing project workload we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Ecologist to be based in our Epsom team.
Atkins Ecology aims to be at the forefront of innovation and technological advances, and actively encourage staff to contribute and develop new ideas. Our team and projects have won awards and commendations for biodiversity enhancements, innovation and knowledge sharing, including winning the CIEEM 2018 Large-Scale Consultancy of the Year Award, highly commended in 2019 and shortlisted as a finalist in 2020.
What you will be doing
- Ecological input to a varied range of projects across different sectors;
- Leading, planning and co-ordinating field surveys, analysing and interpreting survey results;
- Working with design teams and planning and co-ordinating ecological mitigation works;
- Undertaking reporting of Preliminary Ecological Assessments and Ecological Impact Assessments;
- Preparing protected species licence applications;
- Managing work enquiries, preparing bids and building client relationships;
- Leading on large and complex projects and managing project budgets; and
- Collaborating with our multi-disciplinary teams within the region.
Ideally, you would have the following qualifications and/or attributes:
- A degree in ecology or closely related field;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM);
- Good working knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques;
- Be capable at undertaking survey and reporting for Preliminary Ecological Appraisal, Ecological Impact Assessment;
- Experience of preparing protected species licence applications;
- Experience in implementation of ecological mitigation on site;
- Demonstrable specialist ecological knowledge, such as botanical survey skills and/or survey skills for one or more protected species;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- A full valid UK/EEC driving licence.
What we offer
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements .
In addition to competitive core benefits, Atkins operates a flexible benefits programme which includes the ability to buy up to 15 days of extra holiday each year, a cycle to work scheme and a 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme, private health care, amongst many other options.
Atkins is committed to developing the knowledge and skills of our ecologists. As well as providing a training budget, the successful candidate will benefit from tailored mentoring and support towards achieving their career goals, such as Chartership and beyond.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Training and Development
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help its staff make the best of their abilities and talents. This includes our in-house Academy system, competency framework system and our Professionals Programme (for senior staff). Personal development is reviewed through a bi-annual appraisal process and mentoring support. We actively support staff in achieving membership of relevant professional institutions and attaining chartership and were one of the first companies awarded the status of Chartered Environmentalist Employer Champion.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills in a supportive and friendly environment. For full details of our benefits package please refer to our website. https://www.yourrewardatkins.com/#benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs