Senior Education Architect – Cardiff
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Senior Architect - Cardiff
Atkins are a leading UK based Global Design Practice whose reputation is built on a culture of open collaboration, creating and delivering excellence in all we do. Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate designers are unified with the belief that good design can positively enhance and transform people’s lives. Our expertise ranges across all key sectors of the built environment: Education, Masterplanning, Urban Regeneration, Commercial and Residential. Atkins are recognised leaders in the creation and delivery of environments, buildings, places that are good for people and improve our environment.
We have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a Senior Architect with specialist education experience and a passion for good design to join our dynamic Cardiff office. You will be joining a growing team of talented Architects as well as working within a multi-disciplinary environment, delivering a holistic and joined up approach to creative design solutions.
This opportunity would be perfect for a qualified Architect who is looking to build on their experience within the Education sector. You’ll be working within a collaborative environment and taking real responsibility for a variety of education projects throughout the full design and delivery lifecycle of projects. The Cardiff team also work on a variety of projects across sectors including commercial, education, transport hubs and urban redevelopment.
- Taking ownership of individual schemes and taking them through from inception to completion.
- Ensuring design responses are pragmatic and respond to the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords, through climate, context and culture;
- Preparing quickly feasibility options for various projects and working with other disciplines to test the validity of designs.
- Preparing concept scheme designs from Client briefs.
- Working as part of a team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages.
- Client facing responsibilities.
- Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media from 2D CAD to the latest photorealistic 3D software packages.
- Part III Qualified Architect
- Experience of working and delivering projects within sectors in Education (Schools to FE /HE) residential and Urban Redevelopment.
- Passion for good design solutions.
- Working Knowledge of software’s including REVIT, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and Sketchup desirable
- Experience of producing strong design concepts.
- Able to draw ‘free hand’ sketches and illustrate to a high level.
- Capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating strong teamwork skills
- Able to present information clearly to both internal and external stakeholders
Atkins recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in Architecture, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.