Senior EHS Advisor - Canatom
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon has been awarded two contracts with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project and Turbine Generator Replacement (TGR) project.
- Oversee and develop Employee environment, health and safety orientation and Site-specific environment, health and safety orientation to workers, owners and clients
- Train supervisors and staff on JV Health, Safety and Environmental Manual
- Facilitate JV Common Core supervisory training program, assist in the development of additional modules as required.
- Ensure all training such as WHMIS, First Aid, Fork lift, Propane, environmental risk mitigation practices, etc. is completed.
- Coordinate continuing education, programs appropriate to EHS staff development.
- Ensure that such critical systems to the EHS Management System, such as FMEA, JHA’s, JARR cards, BBO’s, Inspections, audits, training are completed as required on the projects
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits.
- Ensure effective risk mitigation plans are in place such as environmental management, emergency preparedness/response plans, communication plans, etc. are continuously developed, maintained and implemented properly.
- Oversee, monitor, conduct and facilitate behavioral observation in the workplace
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to the EHS department and line management in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of loss control systems, and processes.
- Act as an advisor, monitor, a resource and auditor to all levels of line management, departmental staff and workers.
- Develop and facilitate EHS presentations to clients
- Promoting the JV Environment, Health and Safety system to potential industry clients
- Support the participation of staff as a management member of Joint Health and Safety Committees.
- Ensure accidents/incidents are recognized and investigated in a timely/valued manner by providing leadership and direction in all facets of training, reporting, investigation and analysis.
- Provide measures of loss and risk management improvement through accident/incident trend analysis to support annual performance targets.
- Ensure workplace risks and hazards are identified and effective mitigation strategies are developed and implemented.
- Inspects project facilities and recommends corrective actions.
- Co-ordinate activities of Senior EHS Advisors, EHS Advisors and site-EHS Co-coordinators.
- Working with the WSIB/WCB Claims Manager assists with workers compensation claims and associated activities.
- Work with the Environment Manager to ensure environmental risks are identified and addressed in the Environment Management Plan and the plan is executed accordingly.
- Ensure environmental incidents and accidents are identified, reported, investigated and corrective actions are appropriately implemented.
- Develop return to work and modified work programs
- Ensure that environmental issues are effectively managed.
- Responsible for preparing pre-qualifications for potential clients
- Responsible for the implementation of our Sub – Contractor pre-qualification program and the pre-qualification of Sub-Contractors
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in construction
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Sr. EHS Advisor Role
- NCSO and EH&S Certificate
- Familiar with construction terminology
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and safety Act
- Working knowledge of the Regulations for Construction Projects
- Working knowledge of the Regulations for Industrial Establishments
- Working knowledge of Environmental Legislation
- Working knowledge of other Regulations, e.g. WHMIS, Asbestos in Construction, Designated Substances, Smoking in the Workplace
- The ability to work with limited supervision and to be proactive
- Superior organizational skills to handle multiple deadlines and tasks within a high-pressure work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively across varying levels of management and employees
- Ability to work on a project site (according to the shift schedule dictated by our client) is required
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.