Senior Electrical Cost Estimator
Senior Electrical Estimator
Our Albuquerque New Mexico Team is team growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global corporation and have at least seven years’ experience in Construction Cost Estimating, we would like to connect with you. By utilizing industry experience to develop cost estimates reflective of local market and project conditions, the successful candidate for this role will prepare cost estimates for all aspects of the Electrical discipline and will also provide guidance to junior staff.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC Lavalin group, is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Analyses blueprints and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates.
• Performs accurate quantity take-offs of available design documents
• Works with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate.
• Develops relationships with members of A/E firms and project team members.
• Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates. Insures that current market conditions and specific project logistics are reflected.
• Oversees and reviews work performed by junior staff.
• Leverages historic benchmarking information and industry experience to develop early stage cost estimates.
• Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explain variance cost drivers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field or a technical certificate or degree with equivalent experience.
• At least seven years relevant experience in the Electrical discipline
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must have strong skills in use of estimating and take-off software.
• Requires knowledge of local construction market in area of operation including pricing conventions and trends.
• Requires ability to prepare conceptual cost model estimates from limited information using local historic cost information.
• Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Microsoft Office Suite.
• A professional designation such as RICS, ASPE, AACEI, LEED AP or RA is preferred.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Highly competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as determined by assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles