Senior Electrical Designer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
The successful candidate will report to Electrical Manager and will be assigned to various projects associated with Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals industry as directed by the Project Management group.
The candidate will possess a solid understanding of electrical design principles complemented by practical working experience with industrial power distribution systems within Oil and Gas processing facilities. The candidate is required to be a well-organized and an effective communicator. The candidate will be able to work independently and be equally effective when working in a team environment.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Experience in the design of electrical distribution systems in a project team environment with focus on studies, Front End (FEED)design, detailed design for new plants (or) modifications/replacements of existing equipment in process plants
- Preparing electrical equipment specifications, data sheets and purchasing requisitions
- Providing inputs to designers for equipment layouts, lighting layouts, grounding layouts, cable tray layouts etc.
- Area classification drawings and studies
- Power system studies of new and existing electrical distribution systems
- Knowledge of UPS, battery charger and battery sizing
- Load list and electrical equipment sizing
- Heat tracing design
- Protection & relay coordination studies
- Interfacing with DCS, SCADA, PLC etc.
- Familiar with review of 3D Model and provide input for development
- Preparing LV & MV single line diagrams with knowledge of relay & metering systems
- Knowledge on electrical sizing calculations (cable trays, cables, lighting and grounding)
- Developing motor protection and control schematics/wiring diagrams
- Familiar with man-hour estimation and scope development
- Reviewing vendor designs for compliance with technical specifications and applicable
- Monitoring and updating electrical manhour cost and schedule progress on assigned projects
- Providing electrical BOMs and major equipment costs for capital cost estimates at various project stages (Feasibility Study, PDB and Detailed Engineering)
- Attending project team meetings, client meetings & vendor review meetings
- Monitoring and updating electrical manhour and schedule progress on assigned project
- Ability to carry out projects through all project stages from scoping, through planning/design and construction
What will you contribute?
- A diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Technologist in the Province of Alberta
- A minimum of 10 -15 years’ experience in design of Electrical distribution systems in Oil & Gas or similar industries
- Strong client focus, able to represent the company in a professional manner when communicating with clients and visiting client sites
- Experience in Kearl oil sands projects will be considered an asset
- Works with minimal supervision, manages own time effectively, maintain control over all current projects/responsibilities. Follow up on all relevant issues
- Knowledge of domestic and international codes (IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI etc.)
- Very good English communication and report writing skills
- Possess sound reasoning ability and strong desire to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate a high regard for safety policies and procedures
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com