Senior Electrical Designer
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Exton, PA, you will be a part of a team that works on fast paced technically complex design/build projects in the biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
As a Senior Electrical Designer in SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering department and reporting to the Manager of Electrical Engineering, and working with the Electrical Lead you will coordinate, design, prepare, review and select building electrical system concepts for industrial biotech, pharmaceutical and food facilities.
What will be your contribution?
- Work on projects of increasing complexity in a support role.
- Participate in design projects from concept to completion.
- Assist senior engineer/engineer in their tasks.
- Select electrical equipment.
- Coordinate lighting systems with architect.
- Coordinate architectural requirements of electrical systems with Architect.
- Coordinate electrical requirements of HVAC and Plumbing equipment with mechanical engineers
- Coordinate electrical requirements of process equipment with process engineers
- Coordinate drawing packages for issue.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Associates or Bachelors degree is preferred.
- 10 to 15 years’ of Prior Electrical design experience in industrial, biotech, pharmaceutical or food sectors
- 10 to 15 years’ of Prior experience in architecture/engineering industry
- Experience with clean rooms, pharmaceutical, chemical and biotech facilities.
- Proficient in AutoCad, Revit and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good communication skills.
- Time management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in high pressure environments.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Use feedback to improve skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project Management Company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com