Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join the Rail M&E Systems design team to assist with the delivery of current key projects. The electrical team undertakes all aspects of LV electrical distribution associated with the railway infrastructure including building services for stations and depots and trackside schemes including signalling power supplies, points heating and level crossings.
The role involves delivering electrical design (M&E and E&P) for the projects assigned and supporting and developing junior staff. There will be the opportunity to develop in to lead technical roles on our projects (Contractors Responsible Engineer or similar). The nature of the role will require occasional travel / working from other Atkins and client site locations in the UK.
- Undertake design and supervision of a variety of electrical design elements i.e. LV Distribution, Earthing & Bonding, Lighting, Cable Management system, building power designs, points heating and signal power scheme designs.
- Liaison with clients, developing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Present design solutions in meeting with clients and contractors.
- Able to check electrical designs deliverables prepared within own team and other groups within area of expertise.
- Work within a team and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost-effective solutions to the agreed programme.
- Undertake trackside and other railway infrastructure site visits / non-intrusive surveys as required as part of the design activities or as part of site support.
- Manage own workload and workload of other design team members within the assigned team.
- Promote and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Permanent Way, Civils, Signalling and Telecoms.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of the use of BS7671.
- Previous rail industry experience and appropriate qualifications.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Wider knowledge of other disciplines, highly desirable.
- Stakeholder management skills and a can-do attitude, particularly including client engagement.
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary projects and knowledge of rail design assurance processes essential.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planner
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs