Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer (Essential Functions)
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Exton PA, and reports to our Manager of Electrical Engineering. It is responsible for project level electrical engineering activities and multiple office project execution for industrial, biotech, pharmaceutical and food facilities.
Ensuring all engineering work is completed on schedule, on budget and in accordance with client and company established work procedures. This position requires a thorough knowledge of Electrical design and engineering techniques. Responsibilities include planning schedules and budgets, supporting proposals, modifying drawings, specifications, calculations and leading the design team in new approaches to streamline deliverables.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Work with Department Manager to produce design packages meeting client quality, schedule and cost criteria.
- Interface independently with client on electrical aspects of projects.
- Work on medium or large size engineering projects with minimum supervision.
- Lead a team of electrical engineers and designers on major projects as a lead engineer.
- Define scope of work, prepare estimate (all classes from conceptual to detailed) and schedule for electrical engineering portion of work in a project.
- Prepare accurate and complete designs and calculations as required to meet project requirements.
- Work in coordination with other disciplines to ensure effective quality product.
- Conduct field investigations when needed; produce field reports with detailed sketches.
- Keep up to date on new engineering processes, techniques, and standards.
- Develop and recommend improvements in engineering and design standards to lower cost and improve work quality.
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve project issues and problems.
- Provide technical guidance to co-workers.
- Collaborate with design team to maximize design value.
- Provide input to the Department Manager during the preparation of the performance evaluation of the electrical engineers / designers assigned to his/her project.
- Work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department.
- Work autonomously without direct supervision.
- Generate work-hour estimates and forecasts.
- Adhere to budget and schedule responsibility.
- Facilitate multiple office project execution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent 4-year degree.
- 10-12 years of experience in architectural/engineering industry.
- Experience in an architectural/engineering firm is required.
- Experience in industrial, biotech, pharmaceutical and food facilities is beneficial.
- Microsoft Excel and Word.
- AutoCAD software experience is required.
- Revit software experience is a plus.
- Professional Engineering license is required.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs