Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Lead Senior Electrical Engineer
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Houston, TX, and reports to our Electrical & Automation Engineering Manager. It is responsible for creation and maintenance of Deliverable Templates, Update of Checklists, etc. and ensuring Strict Compliance with Division of Responsibilities between US and India office for Electrical Discipline.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer requires thorough knowledge of Electrical design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and skills. Responsible to plan schedules and budgets and proposals, modify drawings, specifications, calculations, and new approaches to stream-line deliverables.
How will you contribute to the team?
Roles and Responsibilities at the Program Level:
- Is the Technical Lead at the Program Level for Electrical Discipline.
- Responsible for Quality and PEP / ED Compliance for Electrical Discipline on the Program.
- Acts as a client interface resolving electrical engineering design issues with a forward looking and systemic approach.
- Develops a deep understanding of the design workflow and recommends changes to achieve a very high standard of electrical engineering design.
- Collaborates well with all functions within the SNCL Team (including and not restricted to the VP of Engineering and SNCL General Manager) such as to influence the required changes in workflow / personnel to enable a very high standard of quality in electrical engineering design.
- Facilitates a periodic review of SNCL performance in electrical engineering design including key members of the Client Project and Discipline Engineering Teams.
- Meets and/or exceeds Key Performance Indicators on the program for Electrical Discipline.
Roles and Responsibilities at the Project Level:
- Reports to Client PM / Supports the Project Lead on individual projects.
- Attends Meetings/Package review sessions with Client on behalf of the Discipline Project Leads.
- Assists the Project Lead/ Project Engineer on Scope Development and Document retrieval.
- Prepares of work hour estimates.
- Ensures that Comment Resolution sheet (CRS) is correctly filled with proper classification and works with Client PM on getting acceptance on the same.
- Responsible for the final review and approval of all Electrical packages.
- Interface with the Client.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 15 years relevant, proven experience in Electrical Engineering and Design in Brownfield Environment.
- Design / Brownfield experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.
- Licensed PE in the state of Texas is preferred.
- Functional Level: Reports to the E&I Department Manager.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs