Senior Electrical Engineer (Oil & Gas)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, employing more than 18,000 people worldwide.
We're part of SNC-Lavalin, one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. We support public and private sector clients with the delivery of complex infrastructure projects, from upfront strategic advice to large, outcome-focused programme management.
Within the oil and gas division, our operations focus on fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and subsea pipelines. Having worked on 1000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operator's 'go to' company for difficult challenges from life extension to innovative new design.
We listen and lead across boundaries, bringing lessons learned from one discipline to another to help realize our client's vision. We deliver what we say we will, building relationships based on trust and integrity: there when we’re needed, fast; committed for the long term; adapting to changes and leaning into challenges.
We are currently looking for Senior Electrical Engineers who can share a desire to be at the forefront of the oil and gas sector and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a different to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We offer flexible, rewarding work packages tailored towards career progression, which are founded on the principles of growth, ambition and excellence. By joining us you'll be helping us to design complex new schemes, assure the longevity and integrity of existing infrastructure and deliver innovative consultancy advice to core clients, critical to the success of the global oil and gas sector.
- To prepare Electrical deliverables for a project in the oil and gas/power/inftrastructure industry, and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To provide direction and guidance on all Electrical engineering technical queries raised by either internal or external parties.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering and other discipline engineer staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important electrical engineering design work efficiently and accurately.
- Oversees the preparation of project/contract drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes. Regularly interfaces with other engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
- Reviews project/contract drawings, specifications, material requst and other procurement materials that have been prepared by others and provides comments on the results of the reviews.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid evaluations.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to electrical engineers, CAD designers/drafters and 3D designers working on the same project.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of all electrical engineering staff; and coordinates with the Electrical Team Lead/Principal Electrical Engineer.
- Serves as primary interface with the design consultants and construction contractor in performing design reviews or addressing construction-related issues related to the electrical systems.
- Understands all related codes and their application to the project; and overseas/manages the interface with local agencies to coordinate design standards usage and approvals’ process.
- Identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s) and Sites Acceptance Tests (SAT’s) for equipment on assigned projects
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Electrical engineering design, calculations and analysis.
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for Electrical engineering design.
- Experience with Concept Selection, FEED studies and detailed engineering.
- Experience with ETAP study (Load Flow, Short circuit and Motor Starting Analysis) and SPEL.
- Experience with Insulation coordination and transient study using PSCAD or EMTP software
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 10-15 years experience in detailed engineering and design of electrical works for large refinery / gas projects / power / Infrastructure projets in similar position.
- Fully familiar with international codes, standards and recommended practices standards like ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, NEMA, UL, Aramco Standards etc.
- Experience in electrical design using Smart Plant Electrical, ETAP and PSCAD/EMTP.
- Expertise in high, medium and low voltage systems.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project related issues.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants