Senior EMC Engineer
Senior EMC Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- The Senior EMC Engineer shall be responsible for the technical content of all of the EMC deliverables and advice prepared by the department.
- Act as “Engineer of Record” for EMC related issues, as required.
- Perform the day to day management and direction of a team of professional engineers and technologists.
- Manage the team’s simulation and field test activities, including simulations, assessments, measurements, formal hazard identification and quantification, risk assessment and technical reports.
- Providing the necessary inputs to and co-operating with the Director PS&D to establish and maintain data for the current team utilisation and their forecast backlog of the EMC team.
- Development and maintenance of a range of metrics to track the team’s and individual’s performance in conjunction with the Director PS&D.
- Managing and coordinating the performance of the EMC team in accordance with project schedules and budgets.
- Collaborating with other Regional Managers for EMC team services to facilitate collaborative working and the sharing of the workload to ensure effective utilisation of the company’s resources in this sector.
- Contributes to the preparation, tracking of and follows project RFI’s and DQ’s.
- Assisting and collaborating with the Project Controls Manager to follow budget spent, forecast, MFL and KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) as well as preparing and implementing proper action plan when required.
- Assisting and coordinating with the planner to update the engineering schedule and analyze critical path.
- Contributing to the coordination of risk review activities and registry updates.
- Participating regularly required project meetings.
- Participating in ad-hoc interdisciplinary meetings as required.
- Interfacing with design groups (communications, fixed facilities, etc.) and with external team members (architects, code consultants, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.).
- Support for Test & Commissioning and setting to work of PS&D systems and equipment.
- Identification of market opportunities and development of RFQ and RFP responses.
- Estimating for assignments.
- Develop and grow external client contacts.
- Publicize capabilities and work to external clients.
What will you contribute?
- Five to ten years engineering experience in at least two of the following areas:
- EMC Measurements in either or both laboratory and field measurements.
- EMC Simulation experience including the characterization of sources, coupling paths and materials.
- Experience in the selection and application of appropriate EMC mitigation techniques.
- Electrical engineering or engineering physics background with knowledge of materials and electromagnetic fields.
- Knowledge of CSA, Industry Canada and other North American EMC standards.
- Leadership qualities that are necessary to manage a team of engineers and technologists involved in simulation and field testing.
- Knowledge of formal systems engineering assessment, validation and verification techniques and processes.
- Ability to research and develop solutions to a potentially wide range of railway EMC issues, including load flow and transient analyses, modelling and simulation, setting design guidelines and the application of mitigations for issues identified.
- Understanding of the financial and commercial implications of EMC management from bid through to operational stages.
- Has a previous track record in process development, test plan development and similar issues.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or eligibility to become licensed with PEO.
- Holder of an Ontarian “G Class” motor vehicle licence (or equivalent).
- Experience gained on similar transit projects, or within a manufacturer or OEM who supplies transit equipment complying with the relevant standards.
- Knowledge of traction propulsion equipment and characteristics, vehicle performance calculations or similar.
- Knowledge of European EMC standards for generic products and railway specific systems.
- Knowledge of both AC and DC railway electrification systems.
- Experience in low frequency (<150kHz) EM field simulations, material characteristics and associated screening solutions.
PS&D EMC Team
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs