Senior Engineer - Content Creator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Design Transformation program covers all aspects of standardization and automation for the delivery processes across Atkins. As part of this endeavor, Design Re-use is being created and delivered to provide the benefit of standard content management to our global practices internally and to our key clients.
- The BIM Content Creator will report to the Design Re-use Lead and work closely with the wider project teams well as EDPM global practices. The BIM Content Creator will form part of the team having responsibility for the day-to-day creation and editing of the Design Re-use libraries. The BIM Content Creator will have to ensure that the Design-Reuse service content is functional and that the content is of a consistent high quality.
Maintaining the content of the library.
- Liaise with Design Re-use lead, Content Checkers and Approvers to complete the content on-boarding process.
- Liaise with Practice Coordinators or similar in our client organisations to identify proposed content for the Service.
- Present proposed content to the Design Re-use lead for review pending inclusion into the Content Service.
- Creation of content for the library based on the Design Re-use lead recommendations.
- Undertake checking of Service Content created/edited by other Content Creators before being submitted for approval.
- Provide support to end-users of the system.
- Researching ideas for content development.
- Undertaking global (or partial) updates to all content.
- Excellent skills to become proficient in the use of all BIM platforms used within the EDPM for De Re-use
Formal Education and Certification
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a major engineering (B.Arch/B.E/B.Tech in Civil Engineering)
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of BIM processes and platforms.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in one or more engineering disciplines.
- Proven track record in project delivery and team working.
- Experience in digital content creation, editing and checking in one or more of the following. GIS Platforms (such as ESRI, ArcGIS) and BIM Platforms (such as Revit, MicroStation, AECOSim , Civil 3D, Plant 3D). A thorough knowledge of Custom Revit family creation, parametric family creation, creating shared parameter and BIM object library creation.
- Be a highly positive team member, contributing to a team culture founded on openness, trust and respect.
- Strong sense of collaboration, valuing shared success and making a measurable contribution to that success.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Be technology curious.
- Be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders, immediate team and senior management.
- Be proactive, able to demonstrate initiative and drive in coordinating and carrying out tasks.