Senior Engineer - Electrical
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent; Previous electrical engineering or design role within consultancy
• Working towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) or be able to prove progression towards Chartership;
• Relevant and appropriate experience of more than 15 years as an electrical engineer within building services
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience of the use of BS7671, BS 50122, BS5266 and BS5839
• Experience of working in Multi-D environment and good understanding of co-ordination and interfaces with other disciplines.
• Be a competent user of IT tools in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Electrical design tools e.g. Amtech, Dialux, Relux, Specsizer etc
• Wider knowledge of other disciplines is highly desirable;
• Technical Team Leader/Specialist with an increasing reputation internally and externally within their field and responsible for managing a team of engineers
• Authors technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings.
• Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams.
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Undertake Electrical design to local and International standards, including ME, UK region.
- Understand and apply British / European, ME and Atkins Rail standards.
- Undertake design of a variety of electrical design elements i.e. LV Distribution, Earthing & Bonding, Lighting, Cable management system and Building power designs.
- Carry out Electrical calculations using Dialux, Amtech, Relux, Specsizer and other equivalent software.
- Liaison with clients, developing and maintaining customer relationships;
- Responsible for completion of projects within his/her team to time and cost.
- Assist the Team leader in presenting design solutions in meeting with clients and contractors;
- Check own electrical designs deliverables and also able to check design prepared within own team and other groups within area of expertise;
- Realistically estimate pricing associated with projects within their area of expertise
- Undertake and mange liaison with System engineers, Third parties and specialist system suppliers and incorporate their requirements in the detail design.
- Carry out feasibility studies and prepare reports for sustainability options.
- Reliably manage a team/group - manage staff development, personnel management, staff appraisals etc.
- Coordinate with all other disciplines and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Architecture, Civil and Structural.
- Proactive and Member of IET or CIBSE with CEng / IEng status or working towards would be preferred.
- Relevant and appropriate experience as a designer within building services ..
- You will be a competent designer to CIBSE and BS7671 standards.
- You will have experience of computer-based design tools such as Dialux and Amtech.
- You will have experience in Revit and successfully delivered projects using BIM skills.
- Demonstrates the necessary level of competence and responsibility according to the grade.
- Very good understanding of UK safety legislation including CDM regulations, and application of safety legislation in design.
- You will manage productivity and quality of deliverables of yours as well as the team members
- Maintains harmony and a productive atmosphere by being open about the work activities and project status.
- Good command of the English Language and an effective communicator both written and verbal.
Our Latest Articles