Senior Engineer Highways
Want to be part of one of the largest transportation consultancies in the UK? We are delivering a wide range of exciting highways schemes across the West and Wales. This gives you the opportunity to broaden your experience and support a number of our local authority clients and work with our internationally based design teams on overseas projects.
You’ll have the opportunity to broaden your project management skills whilst developing the skills of others by coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
You’ll be based at our Bristol office but with some travel to other Atkins locations within the region to ensure you can deliver value for our clients.
- Leading technical delivery of highway engineering projects with input into multi-disciplinary projects.
- Act as a Technical Reviewer on projects and oversee completion of designs and the production and review of design documentation.
- Maintaining and developing excellent client relationships.
- Support the development of more junior staff through technical training and mentoring, acting as a Delegated Engineer for those under formal training agreements.
- BEng, MEng or MSc Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- IEng or CEng with a relevant professional institution or nearing CEng status with same.
- Good experience of working with our key clients, e.g. Local Authorities, Highways England, Developers and/or major Contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of technical delivery for multi-disciplinary highways schemes.
Connecting countries, cities and communities, our Transportation team works on some of the most challenging projects of our time. Helping people to travel reliably and more efficiently, we transform rail and highway infrastructure. So, get on board and play a big part in our success.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.