Senior Engineer- Nuclear Safety
Senior Engineer- Nuclear Safety
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
To meet the increasing demand of our expertise in Nuclear industry we have now opportunities for Safety Specialists, at various levels, including fresh graduates / postgraduates and with experience ranging from 06 – 10 years to join our growing team of Nuclear Safety Consultants.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Degree qualified preferably in mechanical/chemical engineering.
- Previous relevant experience in the nuclear industry or other related industry.
- Knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Reactor plant technology.
- Development of nuclear safety strategies and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Nuclear Regulation and licensing.
- Plant safety, hazard/fault identification studies e.g. HAZOP, FMEA, etc.
- Basic reliability engineering.
- Development of fault tree and event tree models.
- Support to Engineering Substantiation studies.
- Process plant design and safety.
What will you contribute?
- Degree in any basic discipline.
- Understanding of the principles of Nuclear/Process Plant Safety.
- Broad view of the Nuclear power plant functioning (advantageous but not essential).
- Knowledge and understanding of nuclear safety legislation including site licensing requirements would be an added advantage.
- Experience in safety assessment and reliability studies.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team.
- Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
- Strong delivery culture, maintaining strict timelines, professional report writing is must.
- Expertise in MS office. Good communication and presentation skills
- Flexible to relocate to Bangalore and if required, undergo training for a period of 3-6 months within UK.
- Further, the candidate should be open to further the skill into areas such as use of tools like RISKSPECTRUM, Fault Tree Analysis, Event Tree Analysis, Qualitative and Quantitative Hazard assessments along with Probabilistic safety assessment/Component reliability assessment/Human Error Probability assessment/Common Cause Failures analysis.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs