Senior Engineer - Plant
Senior Engineer - Plant
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
The Networks business is involved in electricity utilities sector in the UK and overseas. We provide value-added engineering services and built solutions across the entire spectrum of electricity networks, from high voltage power transmission grids to low voltage industrial power distribution. We have designed HV Substations upto 400kV and Electrical infrastructure for large industrial/ Multi Use developments and Heavy industries. Major clients are in UK and Middle East.
We are looking for Electrical Engineers with Substation Plant experience (up to 400kV) to undertake engineering design roles for projects in the Transmission and Distribution sector primarily in the UK and Middle East. This is a great opportunity for a suitably qualified person with an engineering consultancy or energy sector background to gain further experience within an internationally renowned consultancy.
This position is for the Networks team within the Infrastructure vertical at Bangalore.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Using your experience and knowledge, you will be leading the delivery of a variety of projects drawing upon the wider team for the technical engineering requirements and building a strong relationship with our clients. You will be client-facing, responsible for the delivery of our work and making sure it meets our client’s expectations.
- Experience of undertaking FEED or Detailed design of EHV (132kV upwards) substation projects for UK National Grid/SSEN
- Preparation of equipment layout, elevations for both AIS / GIS buildings
- Preparation of Specifications and Data sheets for Primary and Secondary Equipment
- Bus Bar Loading Calculations
- Lightning Protections assessment and layouts
- Earthing Calculations and Earthing Layout
- HV cable sizing calculation
- Design of auxiliary systems
- CT/VT Sizing calculations
- AC/DC Cable list
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide engineering support and solve queries during construction, testing and commissioning, attend site meetings and inspections.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Maintain existing and develop new client relationships.
- Capability to work under tight deadlines while achieving objectives with the ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with around 10 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership with the IET.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills are a must, including the capability to explain complex technical issues to decision-makers and project teams. Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, be willing to travel, and work successfully in a customer focused, project-oriented environment.
- You will provide support and advice to members the team, this may also include line management responsibilities. Atkins focus is on developing our staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities.
- Holder of National Grid TP141 Protection and Control and / or Relay Settings and/or previously held authorisation with the willingness to renew authorisation.
- Experience on software such as CDEGS, Furse, CYMCAP.
- Experience as Commissioning engineer.
- HVDC protection systems is desirable.
- OHL design experience.
- Experience in protection application at transmission voltage levels up to 400 kV, gained within a utility, consultancy or contractors environment.
- Travel to other company sites may be required.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs