Senior Engineer - Process
Senior Engineer - Process
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Within the Energy sector, Atkins has an exceptional reputation for delivering innovative and cost-efficient solutions to some of the world's most technically challenging problems providing services to the Nuclear, Power and Oil and Gas sectors. Atkins supports the whole life cycle of the nuclear industry, building the next generation of nuclear power stations, keeping the current fleet operational and solving the decommissioning challenge. Atkins has over four decades of experience of providing engineering, safety and environmental solutions to owners, operators, regulators and suppliers of nuclear licensed sites at UK.
To meet the growing demand of nuclear industry and to support that demand from our Bangalore operations, we are seeking applications from the talented individuals at all levels with experience ranging from 4 – 10 years in process engineering.
We are particularly interested in individuals with reasonable consultancy/contracting experience in process system design, waste management, plant commissioning, decommissioning and process safety. Previous power or nuclear experience is desirable, but not essential, particularly with suitable demonstration of experience in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas, Pharmaceutical).
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Design and development of process systems.
- Nuclear fuel cycle.
- Maintenance and life-extension of current generation plants.
- Radioactive waste management and decommissioning.
- Thermal and hydraulic design and analysis.
- Piping, equipment design and process/hydraulic calculation.
- Process hazard analysis/probabilistic safety assessment/reliability engineering.
- Preparation of conceptual and detail design packages.
- Design analysis (applying first principles, if required) and review of process systems.
- Equipment selection/sizing, mass and activity balances, process and hydraulic calculations.
- Production of process deliverables such as PFDs, P&IDs, process descriptions, equipment specifications, etc.
- Safety and fault analysis including SWIFT, HAZOP, HAZID studies, FMEA, FTA etc.
- Process optimisation, optioneering and design substantiation.
- Operational design support, failure investigations and condition assessment.
- Development of process control schemes, philosophies and devising equipment operational logics.
- Liaising with all stakeholders.
What will you contribute?
- Suitable degree in Chemical/Mechanical or relevant engineering.
- Experience in nuclear, power or other highly regulated industrial environment preferred.
- Conversant with tools HTRI, HYSYS, ASPEN and PRO-II.
- Demonstrable knowledge of design projects, and relevant knowledge of site operations of process plant is desirable.
- A degree of experience and understanding of other engineering disciplines.
- Conversant with international design codes and standards.
- Experience on slurry, resin and sludge pumping, nuclear waste handling and encapsulation/immobilisation is desirable.
- Knowledge of mechanical design, piping layout, pipe support design would be an added advantage.
- Experience on design and analysis software packages preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team, flexible attitude to the type of work and the level of responsibility accepted.
- Strong delivery culture, ability to multi-task, delegate tasks, develop and deliver cost/time-effective solutions.
- Proven computer aptitude, expertise in MS office, Auto CAD or other relevant tools.
- Experience or exposure to project management principles.
- Proven strong strategic, problem solving, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible in travelling to Atkins’ UK offices and client’s office locations at UK, if required.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs