Senior Engineer - Protection & Control (P&C)
Senior Engineer - Protection & Control (P&C)
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
The Networks business is involved in electricity utilities sector in the UK and overseas. We provide value-added engineering services and built solutions across the entire spectrum of electricity networks, from high voltage power transmission grids to low voltage industrial power distribution. We have designed HV Substations upto 400kV and Electrical infrastructure for large industrial/ Multi Use developments and Heavy industries. Major clients are in UK and Middle East.
We are looking for Electrical Engineers with Protection & Control experience experience (400kV below up to 11kV) to undertake engineering design roles for projects in the Transmission and Distribution sector primarily in the UK and Middle East. This is a great opportunity for a suitably qualified person with an engineering consultancy or energy sector background to gain further experience within an internationally renowned consultancy. This position is for the Networks team within the Infrastructure vertical at Bangalore.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Experience of undertaking protection and control design related activities for National Grid/SSEN.
- Experience in Busbar, Feeder, Transformer, Reactor, Circuit Breaker fail, DAR protections and SCADA interface is essential.
- Experience in preparing Single Line Diagram (SLD), Key Line Drawings (KLD), Protection drawings, detail scheme drawing and wiring diagrams.
- Understand scheme drawing and produce cable block diagram and cable schedules.
- Understand CT/VT requirements and capable of preparing report confirming adequacy of CT/VT for Protection application.
- Ability to perform and review engineering calculations / studies (e.g. fault calculations, relay settings, voltage drop, cable sizing, CT/VT sizing) and prepare system protection requirements and design basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide engineering support and solve queries during construction, testing and commissioning, attend site meetings and inspections.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Maintain existing and develop new client relationships.
- Capability to work under tight deadlines while achieving objectives with the ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with around 10 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership with the IET.
- Holder of National Grid TP141 Protection and Control and / or Relay Settings and/or previously held authorisation with the willingness to renew authorisation.
- Experience of computer-based power system studies packages e.g. DigSilent, ERACS, ETAP, PSSE is an advantage.
- Experience as Commissioning engineer.
- HVDC protection systems is desirable.
- Experience in protection application at transmission voltage levels up to 400 kV, gained within a utility, consultancy or contractors environment.
- Travel to other company sites may be required.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs