Senior Engineer - Wastewater Modelling
Atkins, member of SNC Lavalin is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design Consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, Atkins Transport Planning are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Consultancy Practice of the Transportation Division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
This implies that our Recruitment team would still be actively involved in the hiring and would contact the deserving candidates, once we start proceeding towards normalcy.
The below mentioned jobs, are open to those who wish to take up new assignments, once the pandemic subsides as we pave way for more futuristic openings, spanning our various disciplines/departments.
The applicants are requested to apply to only one relevant job posting as this would enable the recruiters to screen the applications, comprehensively and then get in touch with them.
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies. Due to continued growth in the workload of our successful Water business, we are recruiting Wastewater Modellers at all levels across our India offices.
The successful candidate will join a team of hydraulic modellers and civil engineers and play in its expansion and projects delivery.
- Work as part of Atkins’ Wastewater (WW) team
- Lead the delivery of a range of projects relating to sewerage/storm network modelling, drainage infrastructure design and planning from Bangalore/Gurgaon offices.
- Lead day to day liaison with our UK PMs and engineers to ensure project deliverables are developed in accordance with client scope, budget, timescales and quality requirements.
- Drive innovation and digital delivery culture to the next level.
- Carryout check and review of the projects, assuring quality delivery right first time.
- Support the technical development of Engineers, Technicians and Graduates.
- Support the Team Leader with resource and other management duties.
- Provide support to business development activates like bid preparations, presentations to potential clients etc.
Requirements: Candidates should have a clear and demonstrable technical understanding of UK urban drainage infrastructure and related issues, including.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or MSc in Geology/Geography from a recognized University.
- Over 10 years of experience in the water and wastewater consultancy industry with exclusive experience of over 8 years in UK/Europe urban drainage modelling industry
- Demonstrable experience of leading hydraullic modelling projects is mandatory.
- Experience of using hydraulic modelling software i.e InfoWorks CS/2D/ICM is mandatory
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) e.g. MapInfo, ArcGIS
- Excellent report writing skills and fluency in English
- Knowledge of other Hydraulic and hydrological application software like Windes, Bentley, HEC RAS etc.
- Professional accreditation from ICE or CIWEM.
- Value addition through innovations and automation in project delivery.
- Knowledge of GIS automation – MapBasics, Python, R script etc.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
- Knowledge in French would be an advantage.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We are an accredited Investor in People and run a Continuous Development Programme.
We in Atkins believe that people matter the most and this belief of ours has led to instilling a culture that embraces people irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Our Latest Articles