Senior Environmental Consultant
- Set the scope, coordinate, check and review the work of others.
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard; on time and to budget.
- Support and develop more junior staff.
- Represent the company well and continue to build personal and company reputation.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the organisation to ensure we position ourselves well within the market and assemble technically excellent project teams
- Maintain continual professional development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute
- Experienced in the coordination and delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams, including: EIA; options appraisals and iterative design processes; and environmental management.
- Project management experience
- Experience of coordinating EIA for infrastructure projects in the road, rail, water or energy sectors.
- Able to check and review complex documents, summarise and present the key issues in a clear and concise way, understandable to non-specialists.
- Strong interpersonal skills to contribute towards strengthening existing or developing new relationships with clients.
- Aptitude in identification, progression, delivery and success in tendering for new work opportunities.
- Able to work within a team and motivate others to deliver to high standards, on time and to budget.
- Ability to assess any adverse impact on the environment;
- Carries out environmental audits and environmental impact assessments;
- Communicates scientific and technical information to relevant audiences in an appropriate form, via reports, workshops, educational events, public hearings;
- Assists the organisation to conduct their activities in an environmentally appropriate manner;
- Implements, reviews and advises on regulatory and legislative standards, guidelines and policies;
- Provides professional guidance to clients, government agencies, regulators and other relevant bodies, having regard for sustainable approaches and solutions.
- Degree and Masters qualified in an environmental or science subject.
- Have achieved a competent standard in own area of technical environmental specialism and broadened their awareness of other environmental disciplines
- Flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations
- Proven record of project and/or team management
- Chartered, with a relevant professional institute.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions such as RTPI, LI, ICE, CIEEM, CIWEM, CIEEM and IEMA.
Rewards and Benefits:
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.